• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This thing keeps calling my name. I don't need it and I'm not sure I even want it. I've looked around and I can't even find one, so I'm sure it's not for me. Still, there is something about it that keeps me looking up information about it. I've Googled all the pics and each one appears more attractive than the first.

If I ever got one, it would be nice for USPSA, but I'm not sure if I would go with .40 S&W or 9mm. Oh well, they aren't to be had anyway, so I guess I can put this on the back burner.

image.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This thing keeps calling my name. I don't need it and I'm not sure I even want it. I've looked around and I can't even find one, so I'm sure it's not for me. Still, there is something about it that keeps me looking up information about it. I've Googled all the pics and each one appears more attractive than the first.

If I ever got one, it would be nice for USPSA, but I'm not sure if I would go with .40 S&W or 9mm. Oh well, they aren't to be had anyway, so I guess I can put this on the back burner.

View attachment 22631
    My understanding is that they're pretty much unobtainium right now. I know a couple guys looking for them for USPSA Production.

Are you wanting to shoot Production or Limited? That would likely be the deciding factor between 9 & .40.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My understanding is that they're pretty much unobtainium right now. I know a couple guys looking for them for USPSA Production.

Are you wanting to shoot Production or Limited? That would likely be the deciding factor between 9 & .40.

I think I would prefer limited.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think I would prefer limited.

Yeah, you'll need .40 then to score major. I primarily shoot Production, but I forgot one of my mag carriers once so I shot a match Limited Minor. It was a blast not having to worry so much about mag changes. It really made me want to build .40 M&P for limited, but I'm only set up to reload 9 right now. :(

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I guess I could just use my M&P .40, but I really like that CZ.

I haven't had the pleasure of shooting a CZ. I did get to try out Big Craig's STI recently, I don't reccomend it. I think I was happier not knowing how much I wanted a $3000 Limited gun. :xmad:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, you can't find them anywhere right now. Same with the 97b.

get on a few mailing lists for websites that carry cz, and talk to a few local dealers. They come in every once in a while, but they sell immediately.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have the polymer version, the SP01 Phantom in 9mm, if you guys would like to take her around the block. My friend has a Shadow. I know he wouldn't mind letting you shoot her.

Disclaimer: Neither of the guns I mentioned are stock. So, if you happen to purchase one, your mileage will definitely vary.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If they shoot anything like my other CZ pistols/rifles they are great! I've wanted one for a while but hadn't really pursued it very hard. A certain body shop owner had one that I tried to talk him out of but he wouldn't be swayed. Maybe I'll get one someday.

CZ USA Pistols

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The pic is a bare bones SP01. I think the only real difference with the tactical is they come from the factory with night sights.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have found a couple here and there, I really wanted one but came across the P09 and I'm a very happy camper with mine so maybe worth taking a look.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I will say there is very little difference, shooting wise, between the SP01 and the 75B, once properly customized. I use a 75B that has been upgraded with CGW parts and it is the bomb.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's to late to try to fight it. The CZ bug has bitten you and the infection is spreading. Soon you will see that you don't want the SP-01, you simply can't live without it.

Don't fight it Que. You know you need that CZ. You know it will be an awesome range/competition gun. Then you will see that you need a P-01 for EDC. You know Bradis has both in stock right now.

Join us! Join us!

Gooble gobble, gooble gobble, we accept Que, we accept Que!

(For those who don't get the reference)
    Gooble Gobble One of Us We Accept Her - YouTube

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess I could just go with the M&P. I will stop by Bradis to take a look , though. I may be more interested in the .40S&W.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Bradis only had the 9mm, but the EEA felt pretty good and the price was very decent. I believe that I'll wait on the CZ. I'm sure one will pop up somewhere.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Bradis only had the 9mm, but the EEA felt pretty good and the price was very decent. I believe that I'll wait on the CZ. I'm sure one will pop up somewhere.

I will be more than willing to take the 1911 9mm AllanM modified for you off your hands, to help add funds for your CZ purchase. :):

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

But but .40 isn't James Yeager approved!

Drink the CZ Kool Aide, Que. It is sweet and delicious! Join us, Que, join us.

This^^^

Goobles gobbles, goobles gobbles, One of us, one of us

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom