• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    So I was going down the river this past weekend. Decided to do some testing. Threw my Preon 1 and my CZ-82 out in the middle of the river where we had pulled off to grill some food. About 1.5 feet deep with a decent current. Walked out there and stepped on the CZ and ground it into the silt beneath my foot so you could no longer see it from above. Preon 1 stayed lit and works perfect. Pulled the CZ out and racked the slide. Lets just say it wasn't just a little gritty. Never the less she pulled back fine. Only fired two rounds but each went off without a hitch. Getting the magazine out was rough but it wasn't too bad. I pulled it out of my backpack the next day and to no surprise there was a whole lot of rust everywhere. I completely tore the pistol apart cleaning every part, spring and pin. This was an experience without an armorers manual doing it for the first time. All went well except I broke my slide lock spring. Have to order one of those but other than that she is all put back together and working fine.

Anyone else have any torture tests they want to share?

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    I couldn't do that with my gun. I'm pretty picky on how I take care of stuff. I hope if I ever drop it or fall in the water and need it that it will still function properly.

usmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    thats a awesome torture test but i could never do it with my guns... but thanks for using yours lol

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Actual picture of lowendgenerator:
    gun-butt.jpg

Not always as bad as it sounds, is it?

Top Bottom