• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I've had pre B 75 and 75B. While I do not like FP safeties, the B model has a few improvements over the original. My pre B had a trigger mechanism failure and lost the staked front sight while shooting. The B models now have pinned front sights - puts me at ease.

I tend to shy away from plastic (space age polymer) guns, and go for steel frames in preference to aluminum alloy, so the only CZs I've tried are the all steel models. Used to be exceptional value when they were under $400 - now getting a little pricey, but they are very good.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Cant go wrong with any CZ model. I have owed several and they are accurate and reliable! They also feel great! I prefer the steel/aluminium framed guns, but if the price was right, I'd puy one of there polymer guns without hesitation.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Without knowing your primary role of this purchase I would go CZ 75D.

I fingered one at a local gun store this week and it felt great in my hands. I love the contour of the grip. I think I'd have to swap out the sights, but otherwise it felt very nice. The only thing that keeps me from buying it is caliber. I've got nothing against 9mm, but I consolidated awhile back and just don't want another caliber to stock, reload for, etc.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I fingered one at a local gun store this week and it felt great in my hands. I love the contour of the grip. I think I'd have to swap out the sights, but otherwise it felt very nice. The only thing that keeps me from buying it is caliber. I've got nothing against 9mm, but I consolidated awhile back and just don't want another caliber to stock, reload for, etc.
    Might I recommend a CZ 40P? A bit smaller than the 75 (think commander size) with the same ergos, accuracy, etc. Has an alloy frame. They were initially sold with underpowered springs and gained a bad rep for that. Most have been upgraded but, if not, very easy to do. Difficult to find holsters for but no hill for a climber. I really like them but I have consolidated to 9mm so....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

The 75 comes in 9mm and .40. The 97b is a big bore version of the 75 in .45 acp. So you don't have to pick a new caliber if you already are shooting one of the 3 common auto pistol calibers.

Top Bottom