• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Have you received your State Champion Steel Challenge plaque yet? Congrats on your Production win this year. Excellent job!

Were you shooting your CZ or a Glock this year?

Thanks for not showing and letting me get the limited state champ plaque! Heh.

Neither. I'm on a tanfoglio kick now.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for not showing and letting me get the limited state champ plaque! Heh.

Neither. I'm on a tanfoglio kick now.

Keep up the good work; you are shooting amazingly well now. Hopefully I'll bump into you at a match in the near future. Am anxious to check out your Tangfoglio.

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Well that was interesting, but thanks Rob for the suggestion on not going with the bd. Since i've only shot a 75b, im making plans on checking the sp01 out as well.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A CZ by any other name...

True. But its Italian, so it's faster. :D

[video=youtube_share;dbjqS4jwqgA]http://youtu.be/dbjqS4jwqgA[/video]

Pat102, I think you'll dig the SP01. Keep in mind, the trigger can be made ridiculously good, even as compared to the OK out of the box gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Pat102, I think you'll dig the SP01. Keep in mind, the trigger can be made ridiculously good, even as compared to the OK out of the box gun.
    :wow:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    So, Rob, you can make a Witness run like a Cajunized CZ?

Pretty close, but not quite. The tanfos have a different mainspring design that makes it a little tougher to get as light a trigger as a shadow. The flip side is the the DA stroke is shorter on the tanfi, so it sort of evens out.

I've got a plain cheapo witness (the gun I'm shooting isn't the base model, its the stock 2) coming in the next week to see how good they can be made.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

You would annihilate me at USPSA now... It's only fitting that you're shooting the Ducati of firearms. I look forward to seeing you in Front Sight someday.

Just an idea; you could embrace the following color scheme to make the "Ducati of firearms" thing a reality... If I were a potential Sponsor, I would think that the red color scheme was pretty cool... Like that guy that paints his stuff all blue, except awesome instead :):

QaMmw.jpg

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Very nice run!! Does anyone know a good place to look for the sp01 or cz75b in the indy area? I havent started looking but I get the feeling that they are not the easiest to find/

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Very nice run!! Does anyone know a good place to look for the sp01 or cz75b in the indy area? I havent started looking but I get the feeling that they are not the easiest to find/

Bradis had a couple 75Bs and a P-09 in stock last time I was up there. That's been a couple weeks now though so I don't know. You may give them a call. If they are available they can order you an SP-01. But if you do that you are kinda committed to it, so it would be better to make sure its what you want first.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Pretty close, but not quite. The tanfos have a different mainspring design that makes it a little tougher to get as light a trigger as a shadow. The flip side is the the DA stroke is shorter on the tanfi, so it sort of evens out.

I've got a plain cheapo witness (the gun I'm shooting isn't the base model, its the stock 2) coming in the next week to see how good they can be made.
    I was thinking along the lines of one of their Wonder finish compact .45s. I have always wanted a .45 along the lines of my CZ compact but I knew I wouldn't like the trigger. Plus you have to mill the slide to get any night sights on it. Then you would probably have to refinish it. It has put me off so far.

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Ill give Bradis a call then and ask around. Can I order and SP01 directly with them and then just go pick it up when it shows up? If thats the way I decide to go.

Top Bottom