• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

redcamel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    So, I got a little impatient with mine today, since my wife's was approved last week, and I wanted to test a theory.... So, I sent an e-mail to FirearmsQuestions@isp.in.gov

Great advice I emailed last night around 7:30PM. I got an auto reply almost instant and a follow up email this morning 7:00AM-ish stating that when they find history (even arrest) it will delay. Yes, I admit 15 years ago in my early college days I got into a little drunken altercation. I did get arrested and got to spend a few hours in a not so good hotel cell. That's my only blip and only arrest as they dropped the charges, so no criminal convictions at all. But to the point the email said he reviewed and approve my application, he even included my license number. I also vaiidated on the website. Not sure how long I would have waited, so that for the advice.

For others reference I include My fullname, DOB, App #, and Address in the email.

12/16 Online App & Paid (Lifetime)
    12/29 Electronic Prints
    12/29 Paid Local and Local Approved
    12/29 Pending ISP
    1/5 ISP Approved
    ...now waiting on the mail.

Last edited:

Rusty919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Brown County
    I emailed shortly after posting my problem. Automated response was received almost instantly I included all my information related to the application. Maybe I will hear something by Monday. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Rusty919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Brown County
    Well guys I logged onto ISP website this morning and sure enough it was approved this morning on a Saturday. I'm definitely convinced that you gotta email them to get it approved in a timely manner. Mine was approved on a Saturday morning off all things. I didn't even receive an email stating there was any problems what so ever from when I emailed about my application other than the automated response

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    If I had not joined this website and sent to the E-mail given in this thread I would not have my application approved now, if ever.

If you have been on the list over four weeks, I would send one.

I just asked if they had all the information they needed...

Ultrabozz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Lawrenceburg
    As they tell you when you submit your application it will take 4 to 6 weeks for processing. Generally most applications are completed by "ISP" within that time some sooner some later but there is no set time for either. Most hold-ups are created by your local law enforcement in completing their portion and getting it to the "ISP". Sit back and relax give it due time. If you do not receive an approval in 6 weeks then contact your local P.D. and have them check on the hold up.

dtrain1983

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Anderson
    My permit is still pending ISP. Has been that way since Feb. 1st so i just sent an email wondering how long it will take. I have never been arrested or even a ticket issued on me in my 32 years. i had a 4 year permit in 2008 and never renewed it so going for the lifetime now. just bought a brand new glock 27 this past thursday and was approved in less then 2 mins. But my question is once you are approve can you just print out the paper that says your approve and begin carrying until permit comes in mail. it will tell you all your information just as your permit and i have been told by several people that you are allowed to do this but i'm not to sure on it. i have asked a couple of cops and they just didn't know if that would work and would have to ask someone higher up so if they dont even know if it is allowed or not then sometime is wrong with it lol...

Ultrabozz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Lawrenceburg
    Is it that important to begin carrying your weapon before you receive your actual permit in the mail?? I was told by the ISP that being approved means that the permit can be processed and registered. You need the actual permit on your person to carry your weapon and any other "Paperwork" is not valid.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    My permit is still pending ISP. Has been that way since Feb. 1st so i just sent an email wondering how long it will take. I have never been arrested or even a ticket issued on me in my 32 years. i had a 4 year permit in 2008 and never renewed it so going for the lifetime now. just bought a brand new glock 27 this past thursday and was approved in less then 2 mins. But my question is once you are approve can you just print out the paper that says your approve and begin carrying until permit comes in mail. it will tell you all your information just as your permit and i have been told by several people that you are allowed to do this but i'm not to sure on it. i have asked a couple of cops and they just didn't know if that would work and would have to ask someone higher up so if they dont even know if it is allowed or not then sometime is wrong with it lol...

I would recommend waiting until you get your actual permit. What's a few more days when you've already been waiting this long?

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    Mine was fast! I showed up at the city county building to fill out paperwork. I filled out a paper, paid(can't remember how much), and they processed my prints and asked for my receipt for online application. I said "online? Last time I filled out paperwork and gave you two money orders" they told me I have to apply online. This is a three step process and this is the final step. They put my fingerprint form aside and told me to just call them when I paid online and did first fingerprint (they did this because my payment was non refundable and mistakingly processed me without asking for receipt first). I was told to make immediate payment online for faster turn around. That night I applied online and made immediate payment($175ish). Following application online it prompted me to schedule fingerprint at said locations. The next day I showed up to my scheduled appointment with $11.xx money order, was processed, and given receipt. Before I left the parking lot I called the city county building and got ahold of the lady that put my form aside, and told her she can process my paper. It was 8-10 days later I got my lifetime.

dtrain1983

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Anderson
    Is it that important to begin carrying your weapon before you receive your actual permit in the mail?? I was told by the ISP that being approved means that the permit can be processed and registered. You need the actual permit on your person to carry your weapon and any other "Paperwork" is not valid.

it kinda is important to be carring as soon as i can. area i live in has high crime rate and i do car repo's for my g/f's step dad and last month we actually got shot at when trying to get a repo. i'm the last one to get my permit and we all filed within days of each other so i was curious how they are doing them. i know back in 2008 when i got my first permit they would wait until they got so many then send them all at once. and i was just wondering if anyone actually knew if just printing it out would be okay b/c i have been told it is b/c it has everything on it just like the actual permit. i'm not gonna take a chance and carry it like that b/c i have never been in any trouble in my life and i'm not going to jail over that and never be able to own a gun again.

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    I carried with my paperwork.. It has yr permit number and information as well.. Once approved that paper is just as valid as the permit that comes in the mail. To each their own though!

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I carried with my paperwork.. It has yr permit number and information as well.. Once approved that paper is just as valid as the permit that comes in the mail. To each their own though!

Technically, from what I've read in IC, you are correct. The problem is that it may cause you some additional hassle if you do have an interaction with a Law Enforcement Officer that isn't fully aware of the law. You may even have to pull an over-nighter in a jail cell while they determine that you're able to legally carry. It's up to you though. LEO's are trained to check for a pink slip, so you may end up getting arrested and have to wait for a judge to sort it out. It's completely up to you though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom