• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    i know this is a thread about a lifetime permit, but i received my 4 year in 2 weeks. They told me 10-12....so i was surprised. I also have a class G license to carry on duty in Florida, so i dont know if that has to do with how quickly i got mine...

My renewal time came due right after the ltch became an option. I was one of the first to get one. It took about 4 wks back then.

Actually, this thread is about 4 year and Lifetime LTCH waiting times...I think there may be some confusion as to what LTCH means. It is a License To Carry Handgun. It is available in Indiana for either 4 years, or Lifetime.

It seems the wait times are way down from when I got mine earlier this year. I waited almost 9 weeks, if I recall correctly.

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Mistake!

Applied for lifetime on 9/1 with Muncie PD. Received today, 9/19.
    HOWEVER, the ISP sent me a 4-year license by mistake. :xmad: Very frustrating. I have my paperwork proving I applied and paid for the lifetime.

Has this happened to anyone else? Suggestion? I'll be calling Muncie PD and/or the ISP on Monday I guess. I'll be particularly frustrated if they require me to appear in person again.

-Mike

Last edited:

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    UPDATE on my LTCH

As a follow up to my previous post, I just spoke with Lt. Berkey of the Indiana State Police about incorrectly receiving a 4-year instead of a lifetime license. My local PD (Muncie) gave me his contact information.

He was extremely pleasant and helpful. He took a good 25 minutes of his time to immediately pull all my paperwork and call me back. Turns out someone misread one of the forms while it was being processed. He is sending me out a new lifetime one right away, and when I receive it he asked me to send the 4-year back to him.

Thank you Lt. Berkey!
    :yesway:

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Got it

Received my corrected (lifetime) LTCH today in the mail, a mere 3 days after calling the ISP! (see my previous posts for details)

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Less than 3 weeks for my father & I to receive ours (and that was after they sent mine back because the sheriff's office forgot to get the sheriff's signature on the app).

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Does anyone know for sure how close to your regular permit expiring can you apply for your lifetime, and if your regular permit expires, can you carry until your lifetime arrives?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Does anyone know for sure how close to your regular permit expiring can you apply for your lifetime, and if your regular permit expires, can you carry until your lifetime arrives?

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

But I believe you have to have a copy of your application along with your expired license.

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood

According to the ISP website, you can reapply for your license up to 180 days from the expiration date of your current license.

*TJBB beat me to it.*

labrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    This is my first post. Applied 9/8/09 in Lake County, approved 9/28/09, received 9/30/09. Twenty-two days total.

God bless America and the great state of Indiana!:patriot:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Received my corrected (lifetime) LTCH today in the mail, a mere 3 days after calling the ISP! (see my previous posts for details)

This is my first post. Applied 9/8/09 in Lake County, approved 9/28/09, received 9/30/09. Twenty-two days total.

God bless America and the great state of Indiana!:patriot:

I applied 9/15, received 10/1! Wait is SHORT now!

Congratulations to you all! :rockwoot:

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    My wife got her LTCH in about 3 weeks. Sometime in the spring this year, I forget.

Before I got my lifetime, I had my 4 year permit show up in 5 DAYS over Thanksgiving weekend!
    Happened back in 2002, but still.
    Good to see so many more Hoosiers signing up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom