• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anyone applied with IPD lately, applied 8/31 for my lifetime LTCH. I've had 4 or 5 four year permits, but like a idiot let my last one expire. Its been over a month and I'm getting the DT's and shakes not being able to carry.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    They told me 8-12, and it ended up taking about 9 weeks. This has been 4 or 5 months ago. But then a month later I had a buddy apply and they told him 12-14 weeks and it took about three months...

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    mine went through in 2 weeks as of a week ago,got my lifetime before about 60 days before my other expired,3 weeks total process from the sheriffs dept to the mail box.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I applied on the afternoon of Friday, Sept 18th.

I rec'd mine today.

20 calendar days. Simply amazing.

It took TEN WEEKS for my first permit to arrive!

-J-

mahlss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Less than a month

My wife and I applied for Lifetime LTCH's at LaGrange County on Sep 17 and received them on Oct 9.

Last edited:

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I wonder why the State Police can't do an expedited or speed processing of an LTCH application for an added reasonable fee just like the Bureau of Motor Vehicles does on car titles.

Last edited:

SBG40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
    I received my license in July 07, at 2 days shy of 8 weeks.
    Question: What is the legal difference between a CCW and a LTCH? Does that mean you can open carry?
    To answer your Qustion, a CCW is a "CONCALED CARRY WEAPON ", concaled carry only, a LTCH is a "LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUN" which means that you are licensed to carry a handgun , and here in Indiana :rockwoot: you can carry any way you want .

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    To answer your Qustion, a CCW is a "CONCALED CARRY WEAPON ", concaled carry only, a LTCH is a "LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUN" which means that you are licensed to carry a handgun , and here in Indiana :rockwoot: you can carry any way you want .

You can carry any way you want as long as you have a LTCH... if you are from out of state and have a Concealed Carry Permit, you must conceal it. Indiana honors all permits/licenses, but only at face value. So any restrictions implied must be followed. As long as your permit/license doesn't say anything about being concealed... go ahead and open carry.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    It took me just under a month (I think) get my duplicate. I had to print it, sign it, scan it. Have Adrenaline print it, mail it off with an explanation as to why it's a printed signature, then it was mailed to my Dad's house and he had to tell me he got it, so there was some time lost in transition I'm sure.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Many years ago I only had a hunting/target handgun license. This year, after I decided to get back into firearms, I applied for the Lifetime LTCH and received it 21 days after I dropped the application in the mailbox.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom