• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brino

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Southern, IN
    Hey guys, new here, I filed in early February. I read that people are getting theirs in no time now so I went to the local sheriff's department where I filed and sent an e-mail to ISP. The sheriff's dept. said it was pending and ISP just replied with a form letter.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Hey guys, new here, I filed in early February. I read that people are getting theirs in no time now so I went to the local sheriff's department where I filed and sent an e-mail to ISP. The sheriff's dept. said it was pending and ISP just replied with a form letter.

:welcome: to :ingo:

If you filed in early February, something must have flagged your app. Any criminal history is going to delay you, but you should have had something by now.

I would try calling the number on the website and see if you can get through. Some have had some luck with this.

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've got a question for you guys, though I'm not sure anyone will know the answer. While I may just have to accept that the time it takes to get a permit is just a random event, I'm still perplexed as to why my brother who went and applied with me did not get his permit in the same time I got mine. There is an odd situation I want to run by you. For a while, my wife and I lived with him. We now have our own place and when we put the mail forward in at the post office, they started forwarding ALL the mail from his house to our house. Even HIS mail. We are still working on fixing this. I wonder if the post office wouldn't forward the permit from ISP for some reason and sent it back to them. Does anyone know if the PO can be programmed to not forward certain types of mail? I know they will report an address change to anyone sending mail to the 'old' address. Any idea if this will seriously screw up his permit process?

Thanks,
    Brian

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I've got a question for you guys, though I'm not sure anyone will know the answer. While I may just have to accept that the time it takes to get a permit is just a random event, I'm still perplexed as to why my brother who went and applied with me did not get his permit in the same time I got mine. There is an odd situation I want to run by you. For a while, my wife and I lived with him. We now have our own place and when we put the mail forward in at the post office, they started forwarding ALL the mail from his house to our house. Even HIS mail. We are still working on fixing this. I wonder if the post office wouldn't forward the permit from ISP for some reason and sent it back to them. Does anyone know if the PO can be programmed to not forward certain types of mail? I know they will report an address change to anyone sending mail to the 'old' address. Any idea if this will seriously screw up his permit process?

Thanks,
    Brian

I don't think that the P.O. looks at the type of mail when forwarding. It's probably all or nothing.

However, two license applications with the same last name and the same address might have caused a glitch with ISP. I've heard of a son being denied because he had the same first and last name as the dad (a "Junior) and dad had a criminal record. It doesn't take much to gum up the works.

You might check with your local PD and see if they will make an inquiry for you.

Bindyxdm9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So as some of you may know.. I got a email saying my app was being processed about two weeks ago after 8+ months. Today i get mail from them but not my permit. A refund of my 75$ cause I had paid twice. Still waiting...got my money back atleast...

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't think that the P.O. looks at the type of mail when forwarding. It's probably all or nothing.

However, two license applications with the same last name and the same address might have caused a glitch with ISP. I've heard of a son being denied because he had the same first and last name as the dad (a "Junior) and dad had a criminal record. It doesn't take much to gum up the works.

You might check with your local PD and see if they will make an inquiry for you.

We applied from different addresses. Neither of us have any kind of record. I just hope the Post Office doesn't gum up the works for us. I can't imagine our two apps weren't right together...so why did I get mine already but not him?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    We applied from different addresses. Neither of us have any kind of record. I just hope the Post Office doesn't gum up the works for us. I can't imagine our two apps weren't right together...so why did I get mine already but not him?

If we knew the answer to that question, we could be on our way to solving the mystery of that puzzle palace down at 100 N. Capitol.

Ruger0890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    St Joe County
    Finally got a response via email, says::

We have received your email regarding your Application for a License to Carry a Handgun. We understand your frustration while we undergo the task of processing a record number of license requests.

We recommend that you first contact your local agency if you have not done so to verify that your application was forwarded to the Indiana State Police. Those agencies also experienced an increase in applications and in many cases inadvertently did not transmit some applications for further action.

Now that the Firearms Licensing Unit has worked through the initial backlog, they are now working through the applications requiring additional attention. Your email has been forwarded to a member of the Firearms Licensing Unit who will look into the reason for the delay in processing your application.

By receiving this email, rest assured that your application will be reviewed.

So I feel better now that I actually got some sort of response, it was almost 5 pages lol most of it was info about the app process though

Last edited:

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Here is a question - has anyone who got their faster had a recent background check outside of the LTCH process? For instance applying for a TWIC card, security clearance of some type, background check for a government job, etc? I wonder if there is a fresh background check on you in the system if it speeds up the process on the state police end....I got a twic card for which I had to be finger printed and background checked over the summer.

-Brian

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Here is a question - has anyone who got their faster had a recent background check outside of the LTCH process? For instance applying for a TWIC card, security clearance of some type, background check for a government job, etc? I wonder if there is a fresh background check on you in the system if it speeds up the process on the state police end....I got a twic card for which I had to be finger printed and background checked over the summer.

-Brian

Nope. I went through a pretty intensive background including FBI and Interpol Dec/Jan and I JUST got another fingerprint database background check that came back clean in my email before I even got home from the L1/MorphoTrust place and I have been waiting on my LTCH since late May.

To add to the frustration/relief I ALREADY possess a LTCH so while I can at least carry legally until my new one arrives why the hell is it taking so long?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom