• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger0890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    St Joe County
    Thanks for the warm welcome:ingo:, and yea it seems they are getting through them faster now, since they get processed on Wednesdays im hoping this following week sometime it will come in, ill keep you guys posted :thumbsup:

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I've never had as much as a misdemeanor and i'm waiting going on 3 weeks now while some got theirs in 3 days...pretty sure from 8-12 in the mornings they put them up on a board and throw darts at the ones they will process that day.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    technically they ask for you to allow up to 60 days to get it processed. you're way early in the waiting period at 3 weeks. there could be someone with your name who's caused a red flag for you. (Johnson is extremely common - it's my last name too - I waited 94 days).

Ruger0890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    St Joe County
    I think a lot of people (including myself) get their hopes up when you got to isp site it says something like 5-7 business days but when you finally get impatient enough to call and click on the contact link it says like 14 weeks, then goes on to tell you how to check your status and right after that it says not to call to check your status lol, once it hits 60 days or so Im gonna try to call. Mostly worried it got "lost" or something

deucide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    rochester
    UPDATE !!!!!!! Last month i got fed up and went into my local state police post. they called down to Indy and talked to some woman, she said she had no record of me ever applying. basically it had been lost. the officer took my name and number and said someone would call me in the next day or two and get my information including money order receipt numbers, ect. anyway, 2 weeks go by, and i hear nothing. i call Indy, and get a recording that says to email them and it hangs up on me. i email, and no response. It has been a month now, so i go into the state post again today. this time the woman he gets on the phone asked to speak to me directly. she gets my number and i go home. 20 min. later, she calls me back and tells me she found everything and hass issued the permit!!!!!!! gave me her direct line and name and told me to call her if i dont have it in my hand by next Wed. So we will see. it has only been 10 months and 25 days since my money order had been cashed. wish me luck

***EDIT***
    Dont I get some kind of reward for having the state record for the longest wait ?

I had one other question, when i was on the phone with her, she gave me the number off my license - can i carry as long as i have that number to give to an officer , or do I have to have the physical document on me?

****UPDATE****
    ATLAST !!! after 11 months 2 days 2 hours and several minutes, un known amonut of phone calls, and lots of being ignored, i fonaly got ahold of some one in fireamrs who found my lost application and got it processed and sent out out and i got my LTCH today !!!!!

BOUT DAMN TIME

deucide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    rochester
    I think a lot of people (including myself) get their hopes up when you got to isp site it says something like 5-7 business days but when you finally get impatient enough to call and click on the contact link it says like 14 weeks, then goes on to tell you how to check your status and right after that it says not to call to check your status lol, once it hits 60 days or so Im gonna try to call. Mostly worried it got "lost" or something

for the most part it is 7 to 14 days like it says on the ISP fire arms division page. when you click "contact" link, they posted those wait times a few months ago when they were really back loged from the sudden in-rush of applications. They just never updated that part of the web site when they changed the main page from a 22 week wait to a 7 to 14 day wait. most people applying recently have been getting a very quick turnover from what i have seen and heard. Unless you are like me waiting over 10 months to find out they lost your app, then another month to finly get your permit, lol

deucide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    rochester
    I notice on the ISP page it says not to request a status check but is it really that bad of a thing to do?
    it says that because if you call that number now - it says to press one if you are law enforcement other wise goto hell , then hangs up on you. doesn't really say goto hell, it gives you an email address to use saying they cant give any info out on the phone, and they never respond to your emails. i ended up going to my local state police post and they helped me get it taken care of.

Ruger0890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    St Joe County
    for the most part it is 7 to 14 days like it says on the ISP fire arms division page. when you click "contact" link, they posted those wait times a few months ago when they were really back loged from the sudden in-rush of applications. They just never updated that part of the web site when they changed the main page from a 22 week wait to a 7 to 14 day wait. most people applying recently have been getting a very quick turnover from what i have seen and heard. Unless you are like me waiting over 10 months to find out they lost your app, then another month to finly get your permit, lol

Awesome! Happy you finally got it :rockwoot:and i was hoping that was the case that they just didnt update the other page lol, ill still expect a long wait though due to my record I did my app online used L1 and paid cash at the sheriffs department so ill be sure to post when it finally arrives to give any others with a misdemeanor/ record for a general idea of how long they could expect to wait. Im sure it might just depend though on how long it takes them to get to your app and then get to it again for review

Applied and Paid Oct. 7th 2013

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom