• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    She will need to go ahead and complete her L1 & and pay for the local, so they can send that info in to the ISP.

Our "Actual" LTCH Application wait time doesn't offiicially start until the ISP
    actually receives our Applications from our locals.

I know. I was just excited that she finally started the process. She got the L1 taken care of Wednesday, so now all she has to do is go to the local station and take care of that part. Hopefully that will be early next week looking at everything we have going on.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I know. I was just excited that she finally started the process. She got the L1 taken care of Wednesday, so now all she has to do is go to the local station and take care of that part. Hopefully that will be early next week looking at everything we have going on.

Good Luck to you and your wife.

Hopefully your local won't drag it's feet and they get her Application sent out to the ISP ...ASAP !

I know that some locals have been known to take weeks and even MONTHS to do that.

I'd even call the local and find out their "standard Procedure" when dealing with LTCH apps, that way, at least you'll know how soon that the ISP will be getting it ! :):

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Ok guys and gals. I filled out the online form for my L1. Went to the BMV the other day to renew my expired DL and to get it updated to reflect my current address, forgot TWO forms of proof of new address, so going back in a couple hours. Anyhow...

At what point will I have 'officially' applied? I assume after I schedule my fingerprinting and pay them and go to the local PD and pay them and get my background check? So the date I do that is the date I can say I officially start waiting?

Also, if anyone know if I can use my temporary license the BMV will give me as proof of identity and address update? They mail these things out now instead of giving them to you in person so it takes like 10 days.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Ok guys and gals. I filled out the online form for my L1. Went to the BMV the other day to renew my expired DL and to get it updated to reflect my current address, forgot TWO forms of proof of new address, so going back in a couple hours. Anyhow...

At what point will I have 'officially' applied? I assume after I schedule my fingerprinting and pay them and go to the local PD and pay them and get my background check? So the date I do that is the date I can say I officially start waiting?

Also, if anyone know if I can use my temporary license the BMV will give me as proof of identity and address update? They mail these things out now instead of giving them to you in person so it takes like 10 days.

Your wait "officially" starts when your local PD transmits your app to ISP.

I would think that any document that the BMV issues you would serve as proof of address. When I renewed mine earlier this year, I think I got it in about a week. Have you got a passport or something you could take to L1 ?

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Your wait "officially" starts when your local PD transmits your app to ISP.

I would think that any document that the BMV issues you would serve as proof of address. When I renewed mine earlier this year, I think I got it in about a week. Have you got a passport or something you could take to L1 ?

Well I just went and did the stuff at the BMV. They gave me a temporary license on paper until my new one comes in the mail. The only place around here that does digital fingerprinting is open on Thursdays, so if I've not got my new license in the mail by then I suppose I'll give them a call and see if they'll accept my Passport or temporary license so I can then proceed.

aj1229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Would've been 7 months today, but arrived yesterday. Finally! 3 copies @ Staple's & all 4 laminated for $5.54. can't tell copies from original.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well... after waiting since 2/8/2013, I finally got a letter, and apparently I left something out of my background. Anyone know where I can get a COMPLETE background check online? There are so many online, and I really don't want to pay $30 a pop to get the same incomplete data over and over again. Or is this something I'm going to have to inquire about in each county in person? I am going to send this letter back in and ask for an appeal or whatever you would call it, but I really have nothing to hide, and would like to make sure I have everything I need when I go. Hopefully they are understanding but who knows. I wish I knew what services the state uses to check so I could be sure there isn't something I'm missing. I also had a driving while suspended case in Ohio and Michigan, which I was informed by the nice lady at the ISP office, that would come up on an FBI check, so apparently I need those records too.

All of a sudden this seems like it will be a real hassle, but I'm not one to quit on anything, and I'd like to be as forthcoming with everything as I can at this hearing. It's not that I left something off on purpose, but I guess I don't know what all qualifies as criminal history?? Do I need to put down my speeding tickets too? They said it was only arrests, but one time I got caught driving suspended, I got arrested, another time I just got a ticket, and have a nice day... so I guess I'm just all sorts of confused at this point... :(

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well... after waiting since 2/8/2013, I finally got a letter, and apparently I left something out of my background. Anyone know where I can get a COMPLETE background check online?

Check here ISP: Criminal History Search

It's not online, but maybe it will be more complete. It is limited to Indiana, so that won't help you in OH and MI.

I would file the appeal and plead your case.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    . It's not that I left something off on purpose, but I guess I don't know what all qualifies as criminal history??

Here's the easiest way to do it...if you got ARRESTED for anything...even if you didn't get convicted or even if the charge got reduced or anything like that...it doesn't matter...it will show up 99% of the time.

So if you've ever been arrested for anything, mark it down, that way you're safe.

I'd be willing to wager that SOME traffic violations can and will count against you. Probably if they were an "Arrestable" type offense, instead of a ticketable offense, I'd imagine that's how they do it anyways.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    Well... after waiting since 2/8/2013, I finally got a letter, and apparently I left something out of my background. Anyone know where I can get a COMPLETE background check online? There are so many online, and I really don't want to pay $30 a pop to get the same incomplete data over and over again. Or is this something I'm going to have to inquire about in each county in person? I am going to send this letter back in and ask for an appeal or whatever you would call it, but I really have nothing to hide, and would like to make sure I have everything I need when I go. Hopefully they are understanding but who knows. I wish I knew what services the state uses to check so I could be sure there isn't something I'm missing. I also had a driving while suspended case in Ohio and Michigan, which I was informed by the nice lady at the ISP office, that would come up on an FBI check, so apparently I need those records too.

All of a sudden this seems like it will be a real hassle, but I'm not one to quit on anything, and I'd like to be as forthcoming with everything as I can at this hearing. It's not that I left something off on purpose, but I guess I don't know what all qualifies as criminal history?? Do I need to put down my speeding tickets too? They said it was only arrests, but one time I got caught driving suspended, I got arrested, another time I just got a ticket, and have a nice day... so I guess I'm just all sorts of confused at this point... :(

Good luck and hang in there.

Last edited:

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    Same here...I emailed them over the weekend and received that same response....but I also got a phone call from them today asking for my money order # which I didn't know at the time since I was on the road....have to call them back tomorrow.

At least you heard back from them. Did you call them back? I still haven't heard anything back since the email I got from them on Wednesday. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, in all honesty... from 96-99 I prob had 20 different tickets... got my liscence suspended, but lived in the country and worked all over. I kept insurance, but kept driving, and got tickets all over. Bigger city's I'd get a ticket, and when I went to court they would toss it because I was poilte, and showed up to court and was respectful... but small towns wanted to max me out, considering driving while suspended is a class A misdemeanor. But when I search the states website, those counties weren't in there... so what was I to do? Guess on the date? I know I could get kinda close, but without seeing it written down somewhere I can't really be certian. So either way I'd kinda be screwed... I wrote down all I could remember, but apparently I forgot something. Another thing if I was arrested in a small 'village/town' and they took me to the county seat for court, is it that city, or the small town I write down? That's why I wish I could get a nice copy of my history, but those small towns aren't in "the system" for me to find. And the lady at the ISP can't tell me who all they use to check, so I'm kinda at a loss. I'm thinking of contacting Morphotrust and seeing if I can get a copy of my prints, sending them and a small fee off to the FBI and see where that gets me. Then try to call around to each city I lived in or remember "getting in trouble" in and see what I have to do to get my history from them. Then possibly contact the NICS or whatever that acroynm is and seeing what I can get from them. I figure those are 2 of the 3 they use.. and those should tell me what I want to know.

Time will tell, but like I said, I'm no quitter, and I'll update to help out anyone else who has a somewhat "questionable" history... it just sucks because now I gotta go talk to a judge, and a female judge at that... :( lol Nothing good is ever easy right? ;)

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Just to be safe you might want to go ahead and write down the city that the offenses took place in....what the offenses were...then the county that they took you too as well.
    I doubt that they'll gig you for the date being off, but I'd at least try to get the YEAR correct.

They will then contact those police agencies/courts/counties and then those offices HAVE to send the ISP the records of your offense.

I would hate to have to count on that many different locations to get the ISP that info ! I hope that they can get it done for you.

Don't worry about MINOR traffic INFRACTIONS...but if they were more serious offenses you will probably have to list those.

The NICS background check is DIFFERENT than what the ISP is looking at, because many people have no issues at all when the NICS is ran when they buy a new gun.

But then they have some issues when the ISP does their background for their LTCH.:dunno:

If it was that easy to get all of our background criminal info from NICS, I would think that the ISP would just do it that way too..but since they actually get the records of our criminal offenses from each place we were arrested/convicted in....I'm guessing that the NICS background info either doesn't give that info or the ISP isn't allowed to access the NICS' info or else they'd surely do it differently.

Then again, the NICS is Federal so maybe they just have all that info right there in front of them on our "BAD CITIZEN FILE" or something :):

Did you lose your license lots of times, or for a long period of time? Just wondering because 20 different tickets is an awful lot and nowadays they'd probably take your license for life if you did that ! HAHA:laugh:

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    The application only asks for convictions but apparently they count arrests regardless of guilt. Go figure.

I don't think they "count" them, they just investigate to find out the disposition of the case.

Then again, the NICS is Federal so maybe they just have all that info right there in front of them on our "BAD CITIZEN FILE" or something

I can't believe that there isn't a central repository somewhere that has all of the arrest records / criminal history on people. Don't the local agencies have to report arrests to someone (like ISP) or do they just stay in the jurisdiction ? I know that whenever a crime happens like the recent shooting of the IMPD officer, the news media has all of the perp's info within hours.

Edit: I just checked the ISP website where you can request a Limited Criminal History and noticed that it is based on "County participation". I guess if the locals don't report it, ISP has no record of it.

From the ISP website:

"A Limited Criminal History contains only felonies and class A misdemeanor arrests within the state of Indiana. Completeness of this information is based upon county participation. As an alternative to performing a search online, a Limited Criminal History can also be obtained by mailing a request form to the Indiana State Police. Click here to print a Request Form to send by mail. "

Last edited:

Ian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    I just received mine yesterday! I used the online app and L1 back in Feb, 4 year. Got a call from them last week saying they found an arrest record from 2003 in IL, but needed proof that I wasn't charged. Funny thing is that I ended up paying the court in IL to send them a sealed copy of my bg check, but I did that yesterday morning. There is no way that got sent to ISP, and my LTCH got printed and mailed before the carrier dropped off my mail! So apparently, they pushed it through without seeing the proof. At least it's here now!

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Only took 4 weeks for both me and my wife to get ours. We of course did the L1 route, made the trip downtown Indy, Paid to park, made our way into the city count bld. found room E100. Of course we are squeaky clean having never been arrested for anything (got lucky).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom