• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    Just a question. I hear a lot of people say that when they called they found out they State boys were missing or waiting on something which is causing delays. Do they just let it sit at that point or has anybody actually been called and told they had to supply additional documents?

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just a question. I hear a lot of people say that when they called they found out they State boys were missing or waiting on something which is causing delays. Do they just let it sit at that point or has anybody actually been called and told they had to supply additional documents?
    in my case, not until Neese's staff forwarded the email to their ISP liaison....after he checked on it it was "suddenly" on it's way back to me to fix....so make of it what you will....
    but, if you have a huge volume, I can see the "specialty" cases dumped off to the side....

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Well my wife applied for her LTCH last night, so we shall see how long it takes. She still needs to get her fingerprints done and go the the local police station, but she has that all scheduled.

She will need to go ahead and complete her L1 & and pay for the local, so they can send that info in to the ISP.

Our "Actual" LTCH Application wait time doesn't offiicially start until the ISP
    actually receives our Applications from our locals.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    Well after 166 days the wait is finally over. Only waiting for Lectric's thumbs up.
    porter co sheriff L1 everything April 5 paid using USPS mo. Dont do that! Hard to trace. I had a tresspasing charge in Ohio 20+ years ago. All in all went faster than i planed. Now I get to go through this all over again with Illinois. That should be fun. Looks like another thread for those of us that have no choice but to enter the big Ill.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well after 166 days the wait is finally over. Only waiting for Lectric's thumbs up.
    porter co sheriff L1 everything April 5 paid using USPS mo. Dont do that! Hard to trace. I had a tresspasing charge in Ohio 20+ years ago. All in all went faster than i planed. Now I get to go through this all over again with Illinois. That should be fun. Looks like another thread for those of us that have no choice but to enter the big Ill.

Here you go my friend - :thumbsup:

Congrats on the end of your long wait. Let us know how IL goes.

Hoosier Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I may eventually be moving to the People's Republic of Illinois so I look forward to your updates regarding their permit process with special interest.

My father in law lives there and has IN, PA, and some other state's permit. He repeatedly says IL isn't worth the hassle considering all the restrictions. Hopefully he is off base on this. I would think whatever the restrictions that it is still better than not being able to carry at all.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I havent even checked into Illinois yet because i rember reading that you have to have a permit fron your home state first. Not sure how true that is. Another interesting issue if i got it from a good sourse is that they want your home state to be similar to theirs. ?? This is going to be a disaster. I have a Utah permit but even they arnt as strict as Illinois. If I get a chance i will start a new thread for Illinois so as not to create inappriate postings.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I think the new applications are going into a more efficient system, although I don't work there so I cannot say for sure. Mine was issued in 4 days with a record.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN

I emailed ISP last night using the link above after receiving no response from my Rep. Randy Frye. Today I received n Emil back from ISP. This is what it says:

"We have received your email regarding your Application for a License to Carry a Handgun. We understand your frustration while we undergo the task of processing a record number of license requests. Below is additional information regarding the backlog and how ISP is working towards reducing the amount of time to process the requests.

Your application submission in March is beyond the current backlog date. This email will be forwarded to Lt. Rogers of the Firearms Licenses Unit to determine the status of your application.

Superintendent’s Primary Staff
    Indiana State Police"

i know!!!!!! I've only been waiting 6 months (and I'm not trying to STEP on anyone's toes) and that there are others on here that have been waiting longer. If you have been waiting what you think is a stupid amount of time, then do something. Use the link above that Steve posted. I won't hurt to at least try...

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    I emailed ISP last night using the link above after receiving no response from my Rep. Randy Frye. Today I received n Emil back from ISP. This is what it says:

"We have received your email regarding your Application for a License to Carry a Handgun. We understand your frustration while we undergo the task of processing a record number of license requests. Below is additional information regarding the backlog and how ISP is working towards reducing the amount of time to process the requests.

Your application submission in March is beyond the current backlog date. This email will be forwarded to Lt. Rogers of the Firearms Licenses Unit to determine the status of your application.

Superintendent’s Primary Staff
    Indiana State Police"

i know!!!!!! I've only been waiting 6 months (and I'm not trying to STEP on anyone's toes) and that there are others on here that have been waiting longer. If you have been waiting what you think is a stupid amount of time, then do something. Use the link above that Steve posted. I won't hurt to at least try...

Same here...I emailed them over the weekend and received that same response....but I also got a phone call from them today asking for my money order # which I didn't know at the time since I was on the road....have to call them back tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom