• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Is that mid-August 2013? I applied for mine at the end of April and I'm still waiting. Is it possible my wife could have mistaken the envelope as junk mail?

I doubt it because it's PINK and it comes in a white envelope. It didn't look like any kind of junk mail to me but I was also aware that it would be pink. I'm hoping that your's wasn't thrown away. That would be terrible !

Another question would be have you ever been arrested for anything at all...ever ?

IF so, that's the reason for your wait and the wait can be 6-8 months if you have any arrests and/or convictions on your record.

IF NOT, lengthy delays can also come from having a similar name to someone with a criminal record, or for making any mistakes on the application, or for no apparent reason at all !

For example, there are many on here who have a squeaky clean record but they have had to wait for well over 6 months for no rhyme or reason.

However, if you were arrested for anything, it doesn't even matter if you weren't guilty or if you were falsely/wrongly arrested and the charges were later dropped, you can (and usually will) still be put into the "bad citizen pile" and the wait is almost always a lengthy one.

Naptown Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    I have a squeaky clean record. My only problem with Johnny Law is a few speeding tickets. There is a guy eithe the same surname convicted of rape in Arkansas but he's not a family relation

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    Funny that they don't ask about arrests only convictions on the app yet hold them against you. If this was an issue wouldn't it be common sense to ask for details to expedite the process?

theblackhat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen
    its been 18 weeks and still waiting on my Indiana LTCH:( how long does it take?

I wish mine came in 18 weeks. I would have had it 6 weeks ago! Still waiting. I've emailed, called, and faxed and not so much as a peep from the ISP. And I have a clean record too! What gives?

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just wasted about 90 min going to the state building. After finding parking I find the ISP and all they can tell me is I was arrested and its waiting to get back to. Can't tell me if they have all the info or not. My arrests include one for refusing a breathalyzer after doing many tasks on a frdgid winter night in a tshirt including saying the alphabet backwards starting with r stoping on d. Needless to say I was irate when I blew way under. My other arrest was years before walking home from the bars when I was 21 minding my own business in Bloomington.

eazyE226

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Applied online feb 6th 2013
    Paid state through L1 VIA debit card
    Finger printed on. Feb 15th 2013
    Paid local fee feb 21st 2013
    A couple non violent misdemeanor charges on record(2 ABC VIOLATIONS YEARS AGO, 2 PI charges years ago, criminal mischief)
    LTCH Issued Sept 6 2013
    Received Sept 12th 2013

It finally came! Also is a Lifetime ... for .those of u still waiting there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Applied online feb 6th 2013
    Paid state through L1 VIA debit card
    Finger printed on. Feb 15th 2013
    Paid local fee feb 21st 2013
    A couple non violent misdemeanor charges on record(2 ABC VIOLATIONS YEARS AGO, 2 PI charges years ago, criminal mischief)
    LTCH Issued Sept 6 2013
    Received Sept 12th 2013

It finally came! Also is a Lifetime ... for .those of u still waiting there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Awesome. The wait is over.

:thumbsup:

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    Been a while since I updated my status on here, so here we go.
    I first applied for a four year in Feb., in late June I called AND found out that some of my info was wrong, so I 're-applied for a lifetime and was told that when my app comes across their desk, I would get a refund CHECK for the four year. I received the refund CHECK on August 27th, which means that my lifetime must have crossed their desk. Now I am waiting until I get the actual paper. I had a couple misdemeanors when I was 18 but had joined the army since then and have served overseas. I currently work as a SECURITY officer in some pretty rough areas, (38th street areas). And have had some pretty close calls already, and to throw some icing on the cake, I am being told that I will not be getting promoted or even a raise until I get my permit. I have been waiting patiently enough and felt like I should give you fellas an update, cuz I saw that I was being asked about.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Been a while since I updated my status on here, so here we go.
    I first applied for a four year in Feb., in late June I called AND found out that some of my info was wrong, so I 're-applied for a lifetime and was told that when my app comes across their desk, I would get a refund CHECK for the four year. I received the refund CHECK on August 27th, which means that my lifetime must have crossed their desk. Now I am waiting until I get the actual paper. I had a couple misdemeanors when I was 18 but had joined the army since then and have served overseas. I currently work as a SECURITY officer in some pretty rough areas, (38th street areas). And have had some pretty close calls already, and to throw some icing on the cake, I am being told that I will not be getting promoted or even a raise until I get my permit. I have been waiting patiently enough and felt like I should give you fellas an update, cuz I saw that I was being asked about.

Hopefully, you're on the downside of all this. At least something is happening with your app.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, I filed for my permit this morning via: Application for Handgun License

Now I need to get finger printed and pay money to people so I can utilize a constitutional right.

May have a longer delay for me as I'm also waiting for a utility bill or bank statement so that I may get my DL updated (recently moved, DL been expired for a couple months). If they'll accept my passport ID as a 'form of state recognized identification', then I won't have to wait for my new DL.

Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones and get it fast. I live in a small town, less than 12,000 people. I doubt the local PD is swamped with applications. From there it's just waiting on the boys upstate I suppose.

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Been a good week for me, gun wise. Susbcribed to a couple firearm related magazines for some physical reading material, joined the NRA Wednesday, applied for my LTCH today. Good week. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom