• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Newowner574

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Mishawaka indiana
    Has any one, or does anyone know of somone who has received their ltch when they answered yes to th mental health question. I answered yes to it, I missunderstood the question because I do has anxiety and take medication for it but I haven't been to a shrink. I had to send my health records in, and even though I think I missunderstood tr question, I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood

L1 and paid fees 1-29-13 was told 4 weeks (lol @ fat lady who did prints)
    Local money order cashed 2-2-13
    State money order cashed 2-22-13 (ouch)
    Clean record - had a speeding ticket once
    Week whatever it is I quit counting.
    Thread tips... Buy more popcorn

:n00b:

L1 on 3/15/13, approved my local PD 3/15/13 (I had to show the new town marshal how to actually do it to, so I know it was done right). They are currently working on apps from the end of February, so for the majority it will be 90 days +/- a few days. Although in accordance to I.C. 35-47-2-6 Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals, it is required that "Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed". The key word is SHALL, does this constitute that one can legally carry if not granted or rejected after the 60 days? If it was a renewal it would allow for that in compliance with I.C. 35-47-2-6, Sec. 6. (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon. My main question is are renewals being moved along with initial applications, before initial applications or after initial applications? Initial applications are suppose to be processed prior to renewals and L1 is suppose to be processed prior to ink & paper prints. I would say that the legal ramifications for not adhering to the "law" (which the State Constitution does not mention the need to acquire a license to carry a firearm by the way, it only states that "the right to bare arms, shall not be infringed", look up the definitions of those words for the real meaning), but I digress, the ramifications for the State not adhering to the "law" should be that all applications not granted within 60 days, the application itself shall be the license until approval or denial.

They are NOT working on the end of Feb, but the first of Feb. people are just posting that they applied early Feb and just got their. I filed 2/8 L1, no arrests. Money order cashed on by ISP on 2/14 and don't have mine yet. I have only seen 1 person post on here who filed the same day I did and just got theirs.

I applied for mine on 3-11-13 and was told the wait was approximately 6-8 weeks and have yet to receive it.

a .... I only wish .... Sounds like they have a Walmart employee working there! :D

L1, paid local March 21. The lady at the department gave me a packet to take to the post office myself and mail to ISP which I did the same day. Clean record. Starting 10 weeks today. Definitely not holding my breath.

Also, the lady told me to expect a 4 week wait. BAHAHAHHA. Yeah.

Maybe she meant 4 months??? :dunno:

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    WTF!!

Asked my contact at the Fishers PD to see if they could check out my status with the ISP. I applied 1/28 and FPS transmitted my app to the ISP on 1/31. Did L1 and have NO issues with my past. My contact actually called the ISP to get an update and they indicated that something "POPPED UP" in my background check through the FBI and that I will have to wait until that something is resolved. What a total bunch of BULLSH$T.

I can honestly think of nothing that could have "POPPED UP". Have been married for 28.5 years and have been in zero trouble or should I say have not been arrested or convicted.

I think they randomly pick so many apps out of the pile and say that something POPPED UP just so they can screw with you.

Beyond being totally pissed at this deal. To the point that I could just say F#$K IT. When my baby gets hers she can carry for us. She's can handle her Nano pretty well.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Asked my contact at the Fishers PD to see if they could check out my status with the ISP. I applied 1/28 and FPS transmitted my app to the ISP on 1/31. Did L1 and have NO issues with my past. My contact actually called the ISP to get an update and they indicated that something "POPPED UP" in my background check through the FBI and that I will have to wait until that something is resolved. What a total bunch of BULLSH$T.

I can honestly think of nothing that could have "POPPED UP". Have been married for 28.5 years and have been in zero trouble or should I say have not been arrested or convicted.

I think they randomly pick so many apps out of the pile and say that something POPPED UP just so they can screw with you.

Beyond being totally pissed at this deal. To the point that I could just say F#$K IT. When my baby gets hers she can carry for us. She's can handle her Nano pretty well.

If you are really interested you can request your records from the FBI, I did it and it only took a few weeks to get the paperwork. This way you can at least know exactly what they are looking at as well.

FBI — Guide for Obtaining Your FBI Identification Record

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I wanted to update.
    Still nothing. :)
    Paper prints. (non L1)
    MO cashed by state 2/28.
    0 criminal convictions, 0 speeding tickets, I haven't even been pulled over in 20+ years
    13 weeks and counting...

I did paper prints also
    MO cashed by state 2/7
    clean record
    16 wks today!!

me hopes we are gettin close

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    L1 on 3/15/13, approved my local PD 3/15/13 (I had to show the new town marshal how to actually do it to, so I know it was done right). They are currently working on apps from the end of February, so for the majority it will be 90 days +/- a few days. Although in accordance to I.C. 35-47-2-6 Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals, it is required that "Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed". The key word is SHALL, does this constitute that one can legally carry if not granted or rejected after the 60 days? If it was a renewal it would allow for that in compliance with I.C. 35-47-2-6, Sec. 6. (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon. My main question is are renewals being moved along with initial applications, before initial applications or after initial applications? Initial applications are suppose to be processed prior to renewals and L1 is suppose to be processed prior to ink & paper prints. I would say that the legal ramifications for not adhering to the "law" (which the State Constitution does not mention the need to acquire a license to carry a firearm by the way, it only states that "the right to bare arms, shall not be infringed", look up the definitions of those words for the real meaning), but I digress, the ramifications for the State not adhering to the "law" should be that all applications not granted within 60 days, the application itself shall be the license until approval or denial.

This has been discussed before and also brought up to ISP. The response was "Fine, we will just deny all applications over 60 days and you can all resubmit" Or words to that effect.

The statute was no doubt written during less emotional times than we now experience, what with all the talk of the Government about to trounce our 2nd Amendment rights and all.

I am just as frustrated as the rest of you, having waited now 20 weeks and the State has long since charged my credit card. But I do believe that ISP is doing the best that they can with the budget they have to work within. Give them a break.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    This has been discussed before and also brought up to ISP. The response was "Fine, we will just deny all applications over 60 days and you can all resubmit" Or words to that effect.

The statute was no doubt written during less emotional times than we now experience, what with all the talk of the Government about to trounce our 2nd Amendment rights and all.

I am just as frustrated as the rest of you, having waited now 20 weeks and the State has long since charged my credit card. But I do believe that ISP is doing the best that they can with the budget they have to work within. Give them a break.

I'm held accountable to the laws on the book. I work in health care and we have mandates required by law. I'm not allowed to slide on those laws due to my staffing issues or my revenue. Its NO different. I get sick and tired of people letting letting the government off the hook or making excuses for them. This "issue" has been going on for a few years now. It is total BS when they say "recent" increase in demand, when actually the demand is the "new" normal and has been for atleast 3 years. Its not like they provide the service for free. If they can't provide the service within 60 days, then its time to have a private contractor to take over. The government is not known for it efficiency.

Just my :twocents:

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    i'm actually staring to panic now, i work in security, and now have been told i need my permit by the end of june or i lose my job, i submitted my application feb. 6th, still nothing, not even an answer to my e-mails.

Timsangel831

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    My husband & I both applied in March & I know it's a very long wait, my question is do they send them to your address or to your local police for you to pick up from there? Thx!! :)

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    It's probably like the movie office space downtown. Lady answering the phone the same way all day telling people "she doesn't know". Guy standing over employees going " umm..Im gonna need you to get those Lch reports done today, umm yeah..." And they put that one guy in the basement to work on peoples apps who didn't do L1.
    QUESTION
    what happens when the crazy guy in the basement sets the building on fire and all the ltch apps, records and CPUs go up in flames?

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Well, my 12th week came and went. Kind of a small milestone. 16 weeks since my 'money order' was 'cashed'. No LTCH. L-1. Clean record.

KCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Got my pink slip today

Paper application for a life LTCH (no previous or current license). Money order cashed December 24, 2012. Arrived in the mail today -- 22 weeks +.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom