• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    Its the ambition that is getting to me... knowing that (from the last call I made to isp on Thursday) they have probably only advanced a day from the said 4th and mine was received the 7. Ill be looking for it through this coming week.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    When I went in to FWPD, they were not taking money orders. Paid with cash. (Odd I thought, especially with all the signs posted)
    I paid cash to the FWPD also. I gave the FWPD the money orders to send to the ISP. So the money orders I mentioned were cashed by ISP.

Trahkle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Don't know if this is true, or even possible. Yesterday at the range, the salesman said some people are applying for an Oklahoma non-resident permit cause it has a 2 to 3 week turnaround time. Since Indiana honors it, they use that until there indiana permit arrives. I'm skeptical, what do you thing?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Don't know if this is true, or even possible. Yesterday at the range, the salesman said some people are applying for an Oklahoma non-resident permit cause it has a 2 to 3 week turnaround time. Since Indiana honors it, they use that until there indiana permit arrives. I'm skeptical, what do you thing?

Not legal. If you are an IN resident, you have to have an IN Permit.

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    Wife just got hers on March 16. Applied non L1 on Oct 17, 2012.
    Better late than never I guess. An interesting aside... We went to FedEx
    office store where I got mine copied and laminated last fall, and the clerk refused to do hers. We then went across the street to staples and the clerk there was happy to ablige....go figure:rolleyes:

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw

You have to be a resident of Oklahoma for Indiana to honor it. Indiana law states that Indiana residents have to have an Indiana LTCH.

jstarbuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    My husband and I applied same time for ours with L1. When we went to the City-County building, the clerk that helped him told him within 4 weeks; the clerk the helped me told me 4-6 weeks. We'll see....

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Tomorrow will be ten weeks L1. Someone please remind me why we paid extra money to get it within 4 weeks

That extra $9.95 still buys you 4-6 weeks. L-1 appears to be running about 10 weeks, while manual fingerprinting seems to be running 16 weeks plus. If you've got something in writing guaranteeing you 4 weeks, I'd like to see it.

My husband and I applied same time for ours with L1. When we went to the City-County building, the clerk that helped him told him within 4 weeks; the clerk the helped me told me 4-6 weeks. We'll see....

Hard to tell if they have been told to say that, don't have a clue, or are just plain lying. But the days of getting a license in 4 weeks are looooong gone.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

They told me if I paid on website with a credit card it would be within 3-4 weeks of course that cost was more then paper filing. They said paper filing would take 12-15 weeks. This is week 10.....

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    That extra $9.95 still buys you 4-6 weeks. L-1 appears to be running about 10 weeks, while manual fingerprinting seems to be running 16 weeks plus. If you've got something in writing guaranteeing you 4 weeks, I'd like to see it.

That was not in writing. It's what the clerk said. But even if it was in writing it wouldn't matter. The law has been posted several times already that they legally only have 60 days. The law makers cant even keep their self within the law so do you honestly think they would care if I had it in writing?

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I reckon "they" lied. And no one seems to care about the 60 day law, either.

But from all accounts in this thread, paying extra for L-1 STILL makes a considerable difference. (And FWIW, I'm in the same boat. App and L-1 sent on 1/10/13. I figure I'm still 5-10 days out, AT BEST!)

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I reckon "they" lied. And no one seems to care about the 60 day law, either.

But from all accounts in this thread, paying extra for L-1 STILL makes a considerable difference. (And FWIW, I'm in the same boat. App and L-1 sent on 1/10/13. I figure I'm still 5-10 days out, AT BEST!)

I wouldn't hold your breath... there was a HUGE influx of applicants following Sandy Hook which could delay you a bit longer.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    ... An interesting aside... We went to FedEx
    office store where I got mine copied and laminated last fall, and the clerk refused to do hers. We then went across the street to staples and the clerk there was happy to ablige....go figure:rolleyes:

I went to staples in Indy and they refused to copy mine, told me no staples would. I have read on :ingo: that you can't make copies but no one has ever referenced the actual law that states this is the case.
    Sorry for the :hijack:

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    Lanshark that is when i did mine as well the mail i got the first of last week stated i had a week or so left to wait how ever long a so is im thinking like you 5 to 10 more days

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I wouldn't hold your breath... there was a HUGE influx of applicants following Sandy Hook which could delay you a bit longer.

You don't say...

:lmfao:

I went to staples in Indy and they refused to copy mine, told me no staples would. I have read on :ingo: that you can't make copies but no one has ever referenced the actual law that states this is the case.
    Sorry for the :hijack:

I recall Kirk Freeman citing a specific Indiana Code pertaining to copying official state documents. I'll look for the post and report back if I find it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom