Not open for further replies.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    mine made me mail it.....
    Mine also. Met with local pd, he went over everything on application. He signed, I signed. Gave me a copy. Put it in an large enveloped pre-addressed, stamps it. Gave it to me to mail. Mail box was across the street from the office. Hope it didnt get lost.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Mine also. Met with local pd, he went over everything on application. He signed, I signed. Gave me a copy. Put it in an large enveloped pre-addressed, stamps it. Gave it to me to mail. Mail box was across the street from the office. Hope it didnt get lost.
    I have that same fear.........

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom

You can see if the money order was cashed. That will tell you if it was received. Mine was cashed the day after I mailed it.

Which makes me wonder, do they open the envelope grab the money then throw the app in a pile?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You can see if the money order was cashed. That will tell you if it was received. Mine was cashed the day after I mailed it.

Which makes me wonder, do they open the envelope grab the money then throw the app in a pile?

Yes, and I believe this is actually per some Indiana Code. Note that my source for thinking that is some random post that I saw once upon a time here with no citation :):

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I applied for mine last summer. I did the electronic fingerprints. I received mine exactly 7 days after I turned the paperwork to my local PD. My wife applied for hers 9 weeks ago and we still haven't heard a thing.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Yes, and I believe this is actually per some Indiana Code. Note that my source for thinking that is some random post that I saw once upon a time here with no citation :):

There has been several posts saying there is a state law that they only have so much time to cash checks/money orders. After cashing the checks, apparently they throw the applications in a pile and get around to them when they get around to them

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I think it may be a while... Just checked and the money order was cashed on 2/26. It was mailed in after getting printed and getting print card from the local sheriff. Maybe June? Clean record, so I'll update when I get more info.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Just like a government operation. Give us the money and we will get around to rendering the service you are due, whenever we feel like it.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Called ISP today, they are working on November 26th applications right now. I applied on January 11, 2013, looks like I have an even longer wait than I thought.

I did not do L1 bc at that time I had multiple poeple at the PD tell me that It wouldnt take more than 4 weeks either way. I learned my lesson.

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    Called ISP today, they are working on November 26th applications right now. I applied on January 11, 2013, looks like I have an even longer wait than I thought.

I did not do L1 bc at that time I had multiple poeple at the PD tell me that It wouldnt take more than 4 weeks either way. I learned my lesson.

This was posted 3 days ago....

I called ISP today. I know they are swamped but I not sure they are being 100% truthful. For L1 they stated they are working on 12-30th and 31st? 12-30 was a Sunday?

:dunno:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    This was posted 3 days ago....

:dunno:

Maybe they are just throwing out dates? The lady that I talked to was not the one that I talked to about 4 weeks ago. At first she said she would transfer me to Tony's desk, it rang 2 times and went back to the long winded prompt and I hit 0 and it went to a busy signal. I hung up and hit redial and it went straight back to the lady and she asked me to hold, about 15 seconds later she came back and said that.

Trust me I understand they are busy, but at the same time, these wait times are getting ridiculous.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    This is easy for me to say as i got mine last month (4 month wait) but maybe they would get more done during the day if they answered less phone calls ;)

During my 4 month wait time i called once, i think at around 90 days, it accomplished nothing :(

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    called isp today, lady said its 16 week wait no L1 and 8 for L1. also said they were working on january 1st. my app was processed the 7th so i am hoping for a week and a half worth of business days to have that pink slip in my hands

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom