• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Has anyone recently applied for theirs through L1 in Vigo County and recieved it back? About how long did it take? I'm going to Colorado in a month and was wanting to carry while hiking the rockies. I applied/paid L1 January 8th. Leaving for CO March 9th. What do you guys think?

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    Has anyone recently applied for theirs through L1 in Vigo County and recieved it back? About how long did it take? I'm going to Colorado in a month and was wanting to carry while hiking the rockies. I applied/paid L1 January 8th. Leaving for CO March 9th. What do you guys think?

Although I am not in Vigo County, I also applied via L1 January 8th and paid local PD fees on January 9th. I am fully expecting at least an 8 week wait time simply based on what I was reading in this thread prior to my application. It is hard to say, but I wouldn't expect to get your LTCH before you leave for CO. :(

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

In one of the threads somewhere on this site someone said they talked to the issuing office. They claim they are bringing in help starting this week to speed things up. Ill be out of town this weekend and was hoping to have mine by then but it's not looking likely:-(

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru

Unless your going to Denver or the county it sits in, I don't believe you need a license to open carry.

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Ok...I applied L1 and paid my local sheriff dept on 12-26 and called to check my status. turns out St. Joe county police never transmitted my app to state! supposedly they transmitted this morning while we were on the phone. i'm assuming I have at least another 4-6 weeks to wait! Gotta love incompetence! lol...

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i applied on november 2nd....glad i went for the lifetime license instead of the 4 year...at this rate it would need to be renewed when it showed up.

Last edited:

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    My wife and I applied for ours in Dec. She had to retake prints with L1. Still nothing but I wasnt really expecting anything until April. Still cant help but rifle through the mail everyday hoping... I hate watching pots.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    My Dad got his today, a renewal 4yr.

L1 merrillville 12/12/2012 to today 2/4/2013

No criminal history.

Im still waiting-12 weeks.:rolleyes:

Jimmy

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South

You should have room to spare-for it to arrive before the trip.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, I just realized that I did not address the L1 issue.... L1 is digitized from the start and are placed in a queue when you finish the process at L1. The equipment is pretty fail-safe since it analyzes the prints as they are taken and will reject any unreadable or problem prints.

Once you complete the local payment, they (PD or Sheriff) basically click a button. There is a memo field where comments can be entered by the local agency prior to submission. There is no need to scan a fingerprint card, link the scanned prints to the submitted application, and run then run the query. It is basically a few click of the mouse locally and at ISP. The search takes considerably longer than the process itself.

An interesting and frustrating factoid: Many law enforcement agencies in Indiana offered either become a location for the inkless fingerprinting or to utilize current inkless printing solutions that are used for AFIS in place of inked prints (including our agency), but were denied and the service was given to private company (L1) that charges for the service. My guess is that there is a relationship between the state and L1, much like the state crash reporting service.
    Thank you for your helpful info. Do you have amy idea how long the L1 apps are currently waiting?

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    09/07/12
    Traditional
    Johnson
    Deferred Misdemeanor (6yrs ago)

I've called every friday for the last 5-6 weeks and they say it's 'Still at review'

Getting frustrated!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom