• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Im curious since my LTCH has been issued but isn't in my hand yet (in the mail on its way up to me), can I legally carry? I know you don't NEED to carry the slip with you at all times but its highly recommended so I was curious if I could with it in the mail.

Yes. I did. Once it's issued it's issued. I was a little uneasy not having seen it first hand though.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    You can call the firearms division of the ISP at 317-232-8264. I haven't had much luck with dialing 0 when the message starts. I usually get a busy tone. I've had better luck listening through the message then hitting 0. Just be polite to them because I'm sure they get tons of calls everyday. It always sounds like the same woman too, and she sounds tired of fielding calls about applications.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You can call the firearms division of the ISP at 317-232-8264. I haven't had much luck with dialing 0 when the message starts. I usually get a busy tone. I've had better luck listening through the message then hitting 0. Just be polite to them because I'm sure they get tons of calls everyday. It always sounds like the same woman too, and she sounds tired of fielding calls about applications.

Which is why it would be a great idea to get more poeple in there to deal with the rush. I dont mean to sound bitter, but any other company would hire people to accomidate a rush on orders for whatever they are producing/providing.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I agree that they should get more help. I think I read a newspaper article this past week that said they are getting more help to deal with the quantity of apps they have.

Ultimately, if you don't do L1, you probably shouldn't even bother calling until you've been waiting at least 13 weeks. They won't even have gotten to it yet and it'll just be frustrating for you and them. It took 14 weeks to issue mine with a clean record and I got my app in before the biggest rush and even before the election. So I'm sure it's longer now.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I agree that they should get more help. I think I read a newspaper article this past week that said they are getting more help to deal with the quantity of apps they have.

Ultimately, if you don't do L1, you probably shouldn't even bother calling until you've been waiting at least 13 weeks. They won't even have gotten to it yet and it'll just be frustrating for you and them. It took 14 weeks to issue mine with a clean record and I even got my app in before the biggest rush and even before the election. So I'm sure it's longer now.

I should also say that I was once told by ISP that if you have a clean record they can usually issue it the same day they start looking at your app. So for clean records, it's not that they spend weeks processing your application. It just takes them 14 weeks or more now before they even pull the file out to begin processing it. So as hard as it is, be prepared for a long haul for non-L1. If you can't wait that long, pay the $10 and do L1 prints for a 6-7 week wait (from what I hear...although some seem to say longer). I eventually stopped expecting it would come in the mail until about a week ago when I knew it had to be close. It helps to just accept the truth of the long haul and try to forget about it. You can't change it. But it's still immensely frustrating, I agree.

Last edited:

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Applied for my lifetime on Jan. 28th. They indicated 12-14 weeks at that time if you have fingerprints sent via the web. I went to the Fishers PD and they indicated that if they took you prints and had to send them in, it would be more like 6 months.

Wermie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    L1 in Allen County, application received 9-26-12, still waiting. Previous misdemeanor around ten years ago. Called a month ago and was told it was under review.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    Just called to make sure they got all my info and when they received it.

She told me that they are working on December 12th L1 applications.

They received my info on December 21st. So I'm still a few weeks out. Looks like mid-late February for me!

Just called again. Sounds like they are moving along faster this week! I was told mine will be processed today or tomorrow. Its been 7 weeks since I paid my local PD. December 21st. L1 by the way. Mine will be here next week or the week after at the very latest!!!

:rockwoot::bacondance::rockwoot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Last weekend my buddy told me he was at about 2 weeks and told to expect that it would be around 16 weeks in total. I remember doing my lifetime the old fashioned way and it not taking that long.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Just wanted to update everyone. I had called ISP several times and the last time was January something. Anyway, I spoke with a nice woman named Leah who said she would try to find my app and get it approved and sent out to me. So i had called earlier this morning to check and some unknown woman answered and told me they were working on October 30th applications and that it would be another 2-3 weeks before getting to mine.

Well, I just received a phone call from an unknown number, it was the nice Leah woman and she said that she found my application and went ahead and issued it today. Will be sent out in the mail tomorrow.

Info:
    Applied Jennings county November 1st 2012 (NON L1)
    ISP cashed money order on November 8th
    Issued license today and will be mailed out tomorrow.

Overall time roughly 14 weeks going from the application date of November 1st

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Just called again. Sounds like they are moving along faster this week! I was told mine will be processed today or tomorrow. Its been 7 weeks since I paid my local PD. December 21st. L1 by the way. Mine will be here next week or the week after at the very latest!!!

:rockwoot::bacondance::rockwoot:

This is good news. Mine was received by ISP on 12/18. Maybe it was issued today or yesterday. Either way I don't think it will be here by Friday's event.
    :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Finally talked my wife into getting her LTCH!!! Applied online yesterday and L1 today...go to the PoCo Sheriff's office and pay the local fee next week and we'll see how long the wait is.

I'm just glad I finally got her to apply for one...

Wermie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    After my first post about the wait, oddly enough it was in the mail when I got home. L1 Allen County, accepted 9-26-12, issued 1-31-13. One night in the Monroe County pokey, great story but not worth the wait and hassle. Office depot wouldn't copy but will let you self serve. Go figure.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Did they take their phone off the hook? I called about 10 times and got a busy signal. Maybe there are just that many people calling, guess I'll leave 'em alone! :):

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    Just spoke to ISP they are working on apps from 12-17 right now mine was rec 01-10 they wont get to it for another 3-4 wks spoke with Leha she was very nice she stated they are just that backed up guess i still have another month to wait

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom