• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Add me to the happy list! Got my lifetime in todays mail.

For a recap: I went to Franklin county Sheriff office. Filled out and signed by them on the scene. Mailed out that day (03/02) to ISP.

ISP cashed Money Order on 03/06.

Lifetime received on 04/25.

Bout seven weeks total time. Not bad!

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Here's the reply I recieved from ISP today (4-27-09) concerning the status of my LTCH application. :popcorn:

"We are currently receiving a heavier than normal volume of applications. It is currently taking approximately 8 weeks from the time we receive an application for us to process it. The department has hired temporary employees to assist with the backlog; however it will take some time. If you had a valid permit when you applied, remain a proper person under statute, and carry your current permit with the copy of the application, then you can continue to carry."

Lt. Jerry A. Berkey
    Indiana State Police
    Records Division, Rm 302
    100 N. Senate Avenue--IGCN
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    317-232-8263
    MW2498

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Here's the reply I recieved from ISP today (4-27-09) concerning the status of my LTCH application. :popcorn:

"We are currently receiving a heavier than normal volume of applications. It is currently taking approximately 8 weeks from the time we receive an application for us to process it. The department has hired temporary employees to assist with the backlog; however it will take some time. If you had a valid permit when you applied, remain a proper person under statute, and carry your current permit with the copy of the application, then you can continue to carry."

Lt. Jerry A. Berkey
    IndianaState Police
    Records Division, Rm 302
    100 N. Senate Avenue--IGCN
    Indianapolis, IN46204
    317-232-8263
    MW2498

This was an email reply. I applied the middle of march. If you have been waiting 14 weeks, something clearly is NOT right and you should call the ISP at the number listed on this post.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Got mine today. I filed around the 20th of Feb was started process on march the 5th. And a couple days ago I called to ask where it was. Nice lady said Should be here in a week or so. And then poof, it shows up two days later. I really do wonder if there is something to call them and they'll pull it out of the stack to get it to you a few days or week faster faster??
    Anyway have it and that's good.

stuarteggers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Applied-March 6
    Check Cleared-March 10
    License Received-April 29

It finally came!!!! I am super excited!!! It took long enough. Now I just have to find a place to get it copied and laminated.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Applied-March 6
    Check Cleared-March 10
    License Received-April 29

It finally came!!!! I am super excited!!! It took long enough. Now I just have to find a place to get it copied and laminated.

I went to Staples for my wife's just yesterday.

I bought a reem of their pastel pink paper ($8.99 + tax) and used their self serve copier and made 2 copies. Then had them laminate all three.

Total was right at $13.00 for everything, and I now have 498 sheets of pink paper (they didn't have that particular color, which is why I had to buy the whole reem).

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I stopped at the Kinkos on 46th and Lafayette Road They have paper in different colors that you can pick out by the sheet. They had a perfect match I then made copies at .10 a piece and they laminated for $1.34 I don't know if I was supposed to pay extra for the colored paper or not, but I didn't. SO for under $2.00 bucks I got 5 copies and I laminated the original.

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Does anybody know if ISP is still getting flooded with apps like they were in the fall? Also, are there any stats anywhere about how many of us in Indiana have LTCHs? In an email from the DNR, they said there were 280,000 LTCH holders in Indiana, it was older data, I'm sure there are ALOT more of us now. The whole flavor of their email on CC in state parks had a very positive stance on it which I found to be pleasantly surprising. I was out hiking Indiana Dunes State Park a few weekends ago, and I didn't see ANY rangers for the entire time I was there. All the more reason to carryin a park..if you needed help, it would never get there in time, if you could summon help at all. Sorry if I sort of hijacked the thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom