• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    It looks like 8 weeks is the magic number right now. I mailed my app to the ISP on March 4. I sent it certified. ISP signed for it on March 9. My Lifetime LTCH permit was issues on April 28 and I received it yesterday May 1. 8 weeks and 1 day from the day I mailed it.

Do NOT try this. A friend several years ago was pulled over for speeding. The cop asked him to get out of the car, which my friend did, leaving his range bag, with his LTCH and pistol in it, in the car.

The cop asked "any weapons?" My friend says "yes, in the car, and I have a license." But, since the license was NOT on his person, he got arrested for "carrying a handgun without a permit." It actually went to trial - "not guilty," but it ended up costing him many thousands of dollars.

SO - if your handgun AND your license are in your car - you will be "possessing" the handgun, but NOT possessing" your license. If you haven't even gotten your license because it got lost in the mail, it's probably a capital offense.

The lesson is: If "officer friendly" asks, don't tell. You don't know if he's a good guy or one of the jack-booted thugs.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on this. The details seem scketchy. What department and when? I have the ability to find out if this really happened. For the record I'm not trying to start an arguement....I just don't like the idea of people running around taking rumor for legal fact.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on this. The details seem scketchy. What department and when? I have the ability to find out if this really happened. For the record I'm not trying to start an arguement....I just don't like the idea of people running around taking rumor for legal fact.

IPD. Early 90's, but I don't remember the exact year.

It's all in how "possess" is defined in each code. In one, it's when something is "under your control," like in your car; but in the other, it's "on your person."

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    It looks like 8 weeks is the magic number right now. I mailed my app to the ISP on March 4. I sent it certified. ISP signed for it on March 9. My Lifetime LTCH permit was issues on April 28 and I received it yesterday May 1. 8 weeks and 1 day from the day I mailed it.

I did the fingerprints for mine on March 4th and the CLEO of my city mailed it off on March 11th (at least that is what he claimed) I haven't looked to see when the MO was cashed, but it's my feeling that I should be seeing mine sometime in the next week based on your timeline.

Greg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Also he shouldn't of had to go to trial to be found not guilty, simply showing the prosecutor his ltch should of had the charges dismissed and all records of the arrest destroyed.

IC 35-47-2-24

(b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this chapter shall be dismissed immediately, and all records of an arrest or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.

ETA 6 weeks tomorrow and counting since MO got cashed. :nailbite:

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Six weeks today and counting. Dang, Its takin FOREVER! :xmad: This seems like the longest wait for anything in my life. At least I have the good people of INGO to bitch to! :rockwoot::ingo: Thanks for being here folks

tomc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think a lot of it has to do with where you are too. A friend of mine applied for hers and got it within 4 weeks, and that was in Mishiwaka - sometime in March. I applied for mine in January (I live in Marion county) and it took freaking 16 weeks! The lady at the county building said there's only 5 ladies working in that department processing these apps, and everyone (as in, you guys :D) have pretty much overwhelmed them paperwork-wise.

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Well after saying hi to the mail man today and still no gun permit i called the State Police once again to see what is going on. Seeing I was told to call back in three weeks if it still did not show up. Well the nice lady told me that my permit was processed and issued as of yesterday :D and will show up anytime whenever the mail man does his thing. :rockwoot:

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Well after saying hi to the mail man today and still no gun permit i called the State Police once again to see what is going on. Seeing I was told to call back in three weeks if it still did not show up. Well the nice lady told me that my permit was processed and issued as of yesterday :D and will show up anytime whenever the mail man does his thing. :rockwoot:

Congrats! I believe u sent in 3-11-09, thats about 7 1/2 weeks. If it keeps going like it is, it means I should have about 10 more days. I should recieve mine next week!! YIPEEE!

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    If he did it on the 11th, then tomorrow is 8 weeks to the day.
    But it was issued 3 days ago (as of today), & I said "about" 7 1/2. Its 8 weeks really, however we look at it. I think the temp. help they hired must be speeding things up a bit. Btw, didnt you send yours around that same time, tv1217?

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    So I got tired of waiting for the Sheriffs post and finally called them this morning after 3 full weeks of waiting around.

Found out the lady that does the permit stuff has been on an extended vacation in Hawaii and just got back this morning. Should be going this afternoon for prints.

So it wasn't just them being slow on purpose.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Turned in my lifetime renewal on March 10, Marion County. To date nothing but I was told to expect 12 weeks when I applied. I'm at 8 weeks as of now and counting.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    But it was issued 3 days ago (as of today), & I said "about" 7 1/2. Its 8 weeks really, however we look at it. I think the temp. help they hired must be speeding things up a bit. Btw, didnt you send yours around that same time, tv1217?
    The 18th, I'm watching the mailbox like a hawk every day.

Edit: Nothing today

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME! IT CAME TODAY LIKE 5 MINUTES AGO!!!!:D

Just as a recap.

Applied = 3-11-09
    Issued = 5-4-09
    Received = 5-6-09