• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'm tired of waiting on mine, and though the question has been brought up before, I have yet to see it answered. I got my prints taken at the Morgan County Sheriff's Department on 9/21/12 and mailed them off the same day. If I go to L1 now, will it speed up the process at all?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm tired of waiting on mine, and though the question has been brought up before, I have yet to see it answered. I got my prints taken at the Morgan County Sheriff's Department on 9/21/12 and mailed them off the same day. If I go to L1 now, will it speed up the process at all?

I doubt it. It would be starting the whole process over again, AFAIK.

I suggest you contact the MCSD and then the ISP, if needed.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    Called today. They are currently processing applications received on 8/2/12.....they got mine on 8/9....so maybe just a little while longer.

That's cool - I only applied mid-July...FML
    I don't understand though as I have never been convicted of anything more than speeding and possessing drug paraphernalia (8 years ago) - yes I put that on my application. I had a run-in in Texas but the case was dropped due to non-substantial evidence (the po's were dirty and trying to pin things on the innocent - 15 cases to be exact).:patriot:

I wasn't in any hurry at all, but I guess I am going to have to give 'em a call and see...:stickpoke:

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I'm still waiting as well. Mailed the stupid paper one off 8/20 and still nothing. Wish I would have done the electronic. Although I didn't know it made that kind of difference. Oh well I guess it gives me plenty of time to get 007 status with my gun.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Yea, first time doing this so I was not properly educated on estimated time difference. If I had known electronic would take 2 months less that would have been my choice. I did call to find out they are currently working on August 6. So looks like I have two more weeks or maybe 3. Does suck waiting but this is the only time I have to do it so it's not the end of the world.

elowef150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Filled out the online app for Marion county and went downtown to fingerprint in mid-july...still waiting...:dunno:

They put me on hold when I bought my G22 - I suppose since I am not a native to Indiana but rather originally from Iowa.

Interesting that some of you guys are saying 7-14 days and others 1 month and I am at a solid 2 months with nothing....:noway:

Anyone else been in this boat?

:delivery:
    Not yet...

Yeah, I'm in this boat also... I did mine through L1 and paid my local fees on 7-27-2012, still nothing. I've called multiple times an still no answer as to anything, all I get is the same answer. "It's still in the background check" When I told the operator about our state laws she said she'd never heard of that before.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

Always good when they don't know the laws, even better when they blatantly disregard them.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    It sounds like the L1 route will save people loads of headache, and/or waiting time.
    For a cost difference of about twelve bucks, it's really seems worth it!

jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    I am happy to hear all of you getting yours in 5,6 days. Just wish I had looked into it further before I went the paper route. I have no one to blame but myself,just glad I won't have to do it again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom