• Status
    Not open for further replies.

theslacker29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Pierceton
    dang, took two weeks to send off to ISP, they gave me mine to mail, i sent it out the same day, february 24.. so it should be arriving in about 10 days.. hopefully:D

Lt. Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    First time lifetime personal protection...

29 January - Applied at Kokomo Police Department
    17 February - Received letter from KPD informing me of forwarding to ISP
    7 April - License issued
    10 April - License received

So, ~2.5 weeks with KPD, ~7.5 weeks with ISP I guess...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think a lot of that has to do with your local PD because it seems to average out to 8 weeks (give or take a few days) from ISP

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    First time lifetime personal protection...

29 January - Applied at Kokomo Police Department
    17 February - Received letter from KPD informing me of forwarding to ISP
    7 April - License issued
    10 April - License received

So, ~2.5 weeks with KPD, ~7.5 weeks with ISP I guess...

Interesting :). I hit the 7 week mark from ISP tomorrow... yay.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Hello all! I'm brand new here, and this is my very first post. I mailed my application for LT LTCH to ISP on March 23. A couple days after I applied, a friend of mine told me he just got his back from ISP, it took 2 weeks. He said a friend of his and his wife both applied at same time, his took 4 weeks, hers took 3. I was hoping mine would be that fast, but reading all you folks' times, it sounds like I should expect a few more weeks wait :rolleyes:. At least I'll have some great people to chat with in the mean time! BTW, in my county (Carroll), we apply to the sheriff, it takes them 2 days, we return to the sheriff to get fingerprinted, then we mail off the ap to ISP. Very friendly process. I just hate waiting!!

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    It really stinks the wait is so long. I wonder why it takes the state so long to issue a little piece o paper. anyone know what they do at the state? I figured since sheriff signed off, they would just open our envelope, file it, print your permit, and mail it out to you. What could be so hard about that. Is it because they have to send it to FBI or something? Then wait for a reply from them? What's the mystery?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It really stinks the wait is so long. I wonder why it takes the state so long to issue a little piece o paper. anyone know what they do at the state? I figured since sheriff signed off, they would just open our envelope, file it, print your permit, and mail it out to you. What could be so hard about that. Is it because they have to send it to FBI or something? Then wait for a reply from them? What's the mystery?

The local CLEO signoff is just for the local background check. The ISP still have to do their own national background check and they're horribly backlogged.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom