• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    Filled out the application online, got finger printed by L1, paid my local fees/finished the application process and it was in my mailbox 6 business days later. Smooth as I could have possibly expected.

efd1295

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Northern IN
    My girlfriend got her L1 fingerprint last Friday and stopped at the St. Joseph County Sherriff's office on her way home and it just came in the mail. That's right 4 business days!!!!

dangerranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Newbie to INGO!:ingo:
    Just updated 4yr to LT and took 6 business days. My father in law (who was a new applicant) received his in under 10days. Electronic finger prints, and online application are given a priority still. When I went with him to pick it up, the administrator commented they always fast track electronic, and "put on the stack" paper. Madison and Hamilton Cty respectively.

BMW

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    Eh. Wonder what is up....where are all these "less than a week" stories originating? I see Ft.Wayne with 6 days...anyone with Marion county story that I just haven't seen yet or may have missed?

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!
    After sending mine in the paper route in the end of July, I got on here to see wait time saw that the electronic route was faster. Advised a buddy to go electronic route. He got his back in about a week. As for me I'm still waiting..... going on 8 weeks not impressed

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    hendricks county. wife applied for hers old school (paper prints) first week in july. got hers 10weeks later (last week). be patient, its comin soon.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I did the online renewal to lifetime. On September 14, Friday,
    did L1 prints and pay.Went over and paid FWPD same day.
    Did the business with a cheerful lady at the glass window.
    I received the pink paper yesterday, 26 Sept.
    Edit to mention the license issued 21st.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Eh. Wonder what is up....where are all these "less than a week" stories originating? I see Ft.Wayne with 6 days...anyone with Marion county story that I just haven't seen yet or may have missed?

Yes, Marion county here. About a month ago I did the L1 application and I got my license in 7 days, Friday I went and did the fingerprints and the local fee down at the city county building,had my license the following Friday. 5 business days.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Timeline - no L1.

The better half's first time Indiana Lifetime LTCH (not a renewal) timeline:

7/16/2012 Fingerprinted at local Sheriff's Dept.
    7/17/2012 Fingerprint Card, Application and payment mailed to ISP.
    9/19/2012 Fingerprint Card, Application returned. No signature on Fingerprint Card. :xmad:
    9/20/2012 Fingerprint Card signed, and Application mailed back to ISP
    9/27/2012 Lifetime LTCH received! :rockwoot:

All told, 2 months and a week for a totally manual process. I estimate a week lost because of the missing signature. Either way, go the L1 route!

ol' poke

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Currently at 7 weeks and 4 days....

patience_yoda-23672.jpg

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    10 Weeks

Well up to about 10 weeks now with nothing...:oldwise:...Marion county - and originally from Iowa. Have lived in Indiana for about 3 years now, also just purchased my G22 in March so I know there couldn't be any issue with credentials in that aspect. I suspect they either lost it, or they are scrutinizing me for being an out of state native.:draw:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Call them up and give them a nudge! Thats what I had to do. 1-317-232-8264
    I went the L1 route and it took them a month and a half. Looks like they need to hire more help if they cant keep up. Its their BS rules...... :dunno:

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    So, these are likely stupid quesitons... I'm trying to get my LTCH. I live in Indianapolis in IMPD jurisdiction. Where do I go to complete the payment/application, and do I make payment to "Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department"? I completed the app online and have set up my L1 appointment.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    You go downtown to the city county building, Washington st and east street maybe? I parked on Washington on the street, go in and turn right at the main hall past the metal detectors, go to the end of the hall, turn right. Its that door there. They accept cash. I had the same question about who to make it for but called and asked about a cash option so I wouldn't need any checks at all and they said cash was fine. Did it that way a month ago and got my license a week later.

They do take a thumb and index print at the city county building to confirm you are who you say you are and that the prints match your L1 prints, which are sent over electronically faster then you can drive from the L1 place because I went straight from L1 to the city county building and they had them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom