• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    can you just go to the police department and do it all there instead of doing it online? id rather get it done right the first time then **** it up and have to redo the whole thing.
    Check with your local PD. The Porter County Sheriff's office specifically says to fill out the online form first.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I applied online, went to L1 for the electronic fingerprints, went to IPD to pay my $50 and pass their fingerprint/warrant check. Took less than 7 days after that to get it in the mail.

It's definitely worth the $10 or so to do the L1 expedited method.

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    can you just go to the police department and do it all there instead of doing it online? id rather get it done right the first time then **** it up and have to redo the whole thing.

Speaking from experience at screwing it up (I clicked the wrong radio button for the type of license I wanted), when you get fingerprinted by the sheriff's office they can change it before they print one out for you to send to the state. I didn't use L1 so I can't speak for that.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Had a LTCH permit that expires next month. Less than two weeks ago I submitted for my lifetime. I got it in the mail today. I am absolutely shocked as to how fast I got a reply and return. Great response and reception from personnel at the Kokomo Police Department and the Indiana State Police. :rockwoot::yesway:

richardp20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Near Brownsburg
    The law says you are supposed to get a response to your LTCH application in within 60 days. The Hendricks County Sheriffs office told me 16 to 18 weeks. I got it a few days ago after 41 days. (not quite 6 weeks):dunno:

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    My wife and I did ours the old fashioned way. We mailed everything out on Jan. 30th, she received hers in the mail on march 12th. I have still not received mine. WTH??

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    I got mine in hardly anytime at all. Did the L-1 identity thing, took that receipt to the sheriff's office, and had it within 5-7 days.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    My wife and I did ours the old fashioned way. We mailed everything out on Jan. 30th, she received hers in the mail on march 12th. I have still not received mine. WTH??

When I got my lifetime last month, I applied on the 9th it processed on the 18th, and I didn't get it in the mail till March 12th. It was postmarked for February 18th. :n00b: Good ole USPS!

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just got a call from my parents that I received a pink piece of paper from the Indiana State Police in the mail today! That is exactly 5 weeks to the day from when I went to the Hancock County Sheriff and got printed (the old fashioned way).

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Took care of my L1 and made a trip downtown to the city county building on the 14th and received my LTCH on the 21st. I'll take that turnaround time any day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom