• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    If anyone is thinking of doing the L1 process... do it!!!! will save you a ton of time. The other old fashion way took me 12 weeks to get my LTCH. If i could do it again I would go the L1 route.:ingo:

cannonball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Crown Point
    I got mine in exactly 10 days, and I think it might have taken less, but I had to wait for two days because the clerk at the police station here in Crown Point only works Thursday mornings. That, plus sometimes our mail is a bit slow! Go the L-1 route - it's not worth the wait otherwise.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    New LTCH holder

Well my wife finally joined the ranks!!!! She applied the first week of October and just received her pink card in the mail today. Excited. We did it the old fashioned way thru the local sheriffs office (Franklin Co) and then via mail to the state. Just a bit over 6 weeks.......Glad it's done for the lifetime!!

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I went the L1 route and was well worth the extra 10.95. I applied online on a wed, did the L1 and sheriffs dept thurs, and received my permit in the mail the following tues. A total of 3 business days. Can't beat it versus the 60-120 days it says online for the traditional method.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    I thought I had some good news when I got home from work last night. Had a letter in the mail from the state police. Turns out it was just a letter saying I need to provide documentation stating that my first name was a letter since that's the way the lady at the local police station wrote it on the app. Now I have to send it back in and wait longer.

SNS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I finally got my LTCH! It arrived in the mail yesterday. I submitted an online application on Aug. 25. I got fingerprinted and paid at the Westfield PD on Sept. 9 (didn't go the L1 route because I didn't realize at the time how much quicker it would have been). I finally received my license yesterday, Nov. 26. According to the state police, my application was entered into the system electronically on Sept. 9. It took exactly 11 weeks and 1 day from the time my application was entered into the system.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    After taking a few days to read this entire thread, I find it amazing how long the wait is. When the lifetime first were available it took me 11 days from time I went to City-County building until it was in my mailbox. That was doing it ALL in the City-County building.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom