Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The pink paper arrived! :rockwoot:

The timeline was ... filed online with prints done at the police department 6/30, refiled using L-1 (using the old application number, not redoing the whole thing) 7/29, LTCH in hand 8/4.

Thanks again to Fnpfan and JoshuaW for finding out about the refile.

I guess I am off to the range later today with my own pistol instead of renting one, finally.

I hate you. I did mine the 23, still havent gotten it. They did say it was approved last Friday, and it was mailed Monday. I was expecting it today, but no dice. I forgot with USPS that everything is slow from Indy. It probably got tendered to USPS Monday night, processed and moved out of Indy to South Bend on Tuesday. Mail normally sits in South Bend until the next day, because they start making our deliveries first thing in the morning. So, Im hoping tomorrow. With my luck, its probably lost in the mail though.

Congrats to the newest batch of recipients, stay safe, and I hope to join you tomorrow!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    My wife and I applied online July 20th and received it today on Aug. 4th. For those that live in the counties where online is available I highly recommend it!

I filed my paperwork at the City County Building on May 3rd and Finally recived my LTCH on August 4th. Now I don't have to carry this receipt and old permit.

Congratulations to all who got the LTCH today! It was a pink letter day for me too.
    Congrats to all of you and welcome to :ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    indianapolis
    I HIGHLY recommend going the L-1 route ... it's an extra $10 or so, but it cuts your time down by at least a couple months. I got printed at the L-1 office on July 3, finally had a chance to get to the federal bldg downtown to pay the local fee & do their own fingerprinting on July 23, and received my lifetime permit in the mail today .... I probably could have had my permit in-hand if I had time sooner to get downtown, but oh well. Either way, start to finish was one month exactly .... a hell of a lot better than 12+ weeks! :rockwoot:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I HIGHLY recommend going the L-1 route ... it's an extra $10 or so, but it cuts your time down by at least a couple months. I got printed at the L-1 office on July 3, finally had a chance to get to the federal bldg downtown to pay the local fee & do their own fingerprinting on July 23, and received my lifetime permit in the mail today .... I probably could have had my permit in-hand if I had time sooner to get downtown, but oh well. Either way, start to finish was one month exactly .... a hell of a lot better than 12+ weeks! :rockwoot:
    Congrats and welcome to INGO! :welcome:

nirol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    IIRC, late March, got in in June. I had one before, but let it expire by mistake (not sure if that helps or hurts).

chuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Submitted my online application on July 12, 2010, fingerprinted at L1 location on July 22, 2010 and went to the local law enforcement to sign documents that same day. I went back a week later to get the documents to mail, mailed them on July 30, 2010 and just got my pink letter yesterday, August 4, 2010. Now I'm legal so I'm on the market to buy now.

Chuck

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I hate you. I did mine the 23, still havent gotten it. They did say it was approved last Friday, and it was mailed Monday. I was expecting it today, but no dice. I forgot with USPS that everything is slow from Indy. It probably got tendered to USPS Monday night, processed and moved out of Indy to South Bend on Tuesday. Mail normally sits in South Bend until the next day, because they start making our deliveries first thing in the morning. So, Im hoping tomorrow. With my luck, its probably lost in the mail though.

Congrats to the newest batch of recipients, stay safe, and I hope to join you tomorrow!

Did mine two days before you! Ugh this wait is killing me!

Just called. Mine's still held up in Tippecanoe County. Going over now.

Edit - 2:18 pm, back from the Tipp Sheriff, electronic approval sent, should go out either this week or Monday.

Last edited:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Finally got mine! Here was my time frame:
    Applied online May 17
    Printed at Elkhart PD May 25
    Mailed to ISP on June 9 (Elkhart holds the app for two weeks)
    Printed for refile with L1 on July 23
    Received today, August 5

Now, I just have to wait on my $75 refund.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Finally got mine! Here was my time frame:
    Applied online May 17
    Printed at Elkhart PD May 25
    Mailed to ISP on June 9 (Elkhart holds the app for two weeks)
    Printed for refile with L1 on July 23
    Received today, August 5

Now, I just have to wait on my $75 refund.
    :rockwoot:

CON GRATS!! Now go laminate that puppy so you don't have to go through this again! I learned a ton!!

Summary-

"The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing."

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Thanks guys! I made my copies, and got it laminated first thing. The kid at Staples somehow managed to laminate it just to large so it wouldnt fit behind my ID. Go figure. Slips in behind my debit card perfectly fine though. Now to wait for my $75 refund...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom