• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Nothing today! At least they are back to delivering my mail by 9am or so. Now if only I get my girlfriend to actually be out of bed by then, so I dont have to drive home to check on my lunch break...

Im debating if I should call tomorrow. Its only been 10 days since the refile. Guess I should just be more patient. I think the wait is worse since I refiled. That excitement has built up a little to much.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Nothing today! At least they are back to delivering my mail by 9am or so. Now if only I get my girlfriend to actually be out of bed by then, so I dont have to drive home to check on my lunch break...

Im debating if I should call tomorrow. Its only been 10 days since the refile. Guess I should just be more patient. I think the wait is worse since I refiled. That excitement has built up a little to much.

Agreed. I was hoping it would be faster.........will post up when I get mine too......

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Just recieved my lifetime a few weeks ago, I think it was around 9-10 weeks. After 6 weeks I started doubting and second guessing "maybe I did something wrong and don't remember". Now I just need to get a carryable weapon, the C9 is way too bulky.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Oh man! This isn't looking too promising... I just sent my form in a week ago. I'm definitely not looking forward to this wait! 3 months???

Switch to L1, its much faster.

Nothing so far. I think I am going to call today, just to see. I know it hasnt been all that long, but I would like to have it this weekend. If I call today, I can find out if that is going to happen.

stevilknievel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    I applied (mid June) for a new lifetime membership and went to L1 Enrollment Services to get fingerprinting done for the state (small additional fee and was told 4-6 weeks) as well as pay state fees. I also was fingerprinted when I paid my local fees. I received my permit exactly 2 weeks after my L1 appointment. There is a small fee associated with L1 but is worth it in my opinion due to how fast my application was processed. I do not know if my experience is consistent with others who went with the expedited option, but I was pleasantly surprised.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I applied (mid June) for a new lifetime membership and went to L1 Enrollment Services to get fingerprinting done for the state (small additional fee and was told 4-6 weeks) as well as pay state fees. I also was fingerprinted when I paid my local fees. I received my permit exactly 2 weeks after my L1 appointment. There is a small fee associated with L1 but is worth it in my opinion due to how fast my application was processed. I do not know if my experience is consistent with others who went with the expedited option, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Very consistent. Definitely the way to go. If only they told people how fast it was!

Oh, and I called today again. Approved Friday, mailed on Monday, should get it tomorrow!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    What exactly is the L1? Is there a way to make the process not last 4+ months?

Stay in this thread and page back until you find the details posted by the most recent applicants and that will answer your questions. Also go to the thread applying for the LTCH that has more information. To apply online go to INGOV.com choose the Indiana State Police link and follow the instructions. When you come to the part that informs you that for an additional fee of $10.95 you can use L1 security for the printing and background check DO IT and you can have the license in 6 to 14 days as opposed to that many weeks. :)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    And I will add to that. It was found, and later fully confirmed by me (in other words, I did some of the work, but not all of it, the info was initially not mine) that you can refile. This is fully confirmed to have worked, my permit is officially in the mail. So, if you have already filed, and have already sent in your app and fingerprints, you are NOT SOL. Simply schedule an appointment with L1, and use your confirmation ID number from your original app. Do your fingerprinting, pay the fee. You will have to pay the $75 again, as well as L1s fee.

If you have already sent in your local paper work from your original file, you are done. Wait a couple weeks, you will get your pink slip. If you have not done local, then you still need to talk to them, pay their fees, etc.

Now, in 12 weeks or so when they get around to your original app, they will see that you have already been issued one, and they will refund you your original $75.

And that is how you would refile with L1! If you havent filed, just make sure you do L1 from the start! Oh, and dont forget to write your legislator with a complaint on the time it takes in general. ISP needs more heat about that. Suggest they move solely to L1, and they hire more people to handle the backlog.

As always, stay safe!

dannyb89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for all the information!! I think I'm going to pay the fee again and use L1! I really wish they would have told be I could do all of this electronically when I went to the sheriff's office.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    The pink paper arrived! :rockwoot:

The timeline was ... filed online with prints done at the police department 6/30, refiled using L-1 (using the old application number, not redoing the whole thing) 7/29, LTCH in hand 8/4.

Thanks again to Fnpfan and JoshuaW for finding out about the refile.

I guess I am off to the range later today with my own pistol instead of renting one, finally.

stevilknievel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Go to L1 enrollment BEFORE you go to get fingerprinted and pay your local fee. I was told they would not complete the local process if you had not already gone to L1 (Marion County).

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My wife and I applied online July 20th and received it today on Aug. 4th. For those that live in the counties where online is available I highly recommend it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom