• Status
    Not open for further replies.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For all those that have just received your pink slip. In case you haven't read back in this post, don't get so excited and sign it before you decide whether to have a couple of copies made. LOL Wife just got hers and she was fortunate that they had exactly the same shade of pink where she works and she made a couple copies. Her original went into the safe along with mine and her copies are signed and laminated. I have heard some Office depots or Office max's also will do this for you.

Congrats to all that just received theirs. Enjoy !

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    For all those that have just received your pink slip. In case you haven't read back in this post, don't get so excited and sign it before you decide whether to have a couple of copies made. LOL Wife just got hers and she was fortunate that they had exactly the same shade of pink where she works and she made a couple copies. Her original went into the safe along with mine and her copies are signed and laminated. I have heard some Office depots or Office max's also will do this for you.

Congrats to all that just received theirs. Enjoy !

Thanks, that is almost comical because I was just doing an INGO search on making copies of it.:yesway:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Made application at the City / County building downtown Indy on April 21st and received our pink slips yesterday! :):

Printed and applied at the same City County Building at the IMPD room 100 on April 13th! MO cashed on May 4th. Called ISP firearms section this morning and spoke with Sgt. Michaels. He stated that my application is there, but that I am not in the system yet and that it would probably be at least another two weeks! How in the world is it that some applications seem to leap over others rather than first come first served?? I have been on this thread for four months now and have seen this happen repeatedly and have never heard a valid explanation. If any body out there (like maybe someone with the firearms section) has an explanation I would be more than happy to hear it. :rolleyes:

BTW, Congratulations and enjoy in good health!! :rockwoot: :D

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    refiled for my permit using L1 saturday, just got it in the mail, it took 6 days from file to finish!!! wooooo hooooo, so now i just need to wait 4 my refund from the first paper app i put in on 5-20!:draw::yesway::):

Nice! I did mine today at 4pm. So I am hoping I will be carrying by the end of the week. Ordered a few holsters today to celebrate. (Falco, for anyone interested. Very high quality holsters, and most models fit like a glove for almost any firearm)

Eh I have been debating refiling with the L1, but between the wife and I $250 paid out again is just too much. Ill wait the month I guess.

Ouch. Refile without your wife, then convince her that they must think she has background problems. I am such a horrible person.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Fnpfan and JoshuaW, thanks for the info on refiling. I am new around here and I wish I had found this site earlier. I did the LTCH form online but did not go the L-1 route either. My ink prints where sent to the ISP only 3 weeks ago ... so I think I am going to do the refile as well.

I got a couple of quick questions on how to do the refile at L-1 though.

When you go to L-1, do you give them the application number of your original LTCH application (the one that was sent in with the ink set of prints) or do you have to fill out a new online form and go through the local PD again? It seems to me from the previous posts that FnpFan, you did a new application but JoshuaW, you didn't ... so I am a bit confused.

If you are using the original application number then, after finishing at L-1, is there anything you have to do to link the digital prints to the original application (i.e. send anything to the ISP, tell the local PD, etc) or is that all done by L-1 online?

Again, thanks for all the info.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Fnpfan and JoshuaW, thanks for the info on refiling. I am new around here and I wish I had found this site earlier. I did the LTCH form online but did not go the L-1 route either. My ink prints where sent to the ISP only 3 weeks ago ... so I think I am going to do the refile as well.

I got a couple of quick questions on how to do the refile at L-1 though.

When you go to L-1, do you give them the application number of your original LTCH application (the one that was sent in with the ink set of prints) or do you have to fill out a new online form and go through the local PD again? It seems to me from the previous posts that FnpFan, you did a new application but JoshuaW, you didn't ... so I am a bit confused.

If you are using the original application number then, after finishing at L-1, is there anything you have to do to link the digital prints to the original application (i.e. send anything to the ISP, tell the local PD, etc) or is that all done by L-1 online?

Again, thanks for all the info.
    i filled out a new 1, i didnt even bring up the fact that i had done it already to my local pd, i didnt want to confuse them, im sure i will b refunded for both the state and local from my first app, but as far as do u have to do it that way, i dont know, either way for a 6 day turn around time....it was worth the hassel, and i'd much rather wait 4 a refund from the state and local, then still b waiting for my ltch....hope this helps:ingo:

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Pink slip in hand! Showed up to "apply" way too long ago and had to make an appointment to come back and to meet with the chief, as per protocol in Carmel. (not complaining just reporting the protocol at the time in Carmel) A couple of weeks later on April 29th had the interview and application was sent in using (non L1) old fashion finger prints and paper application (before Hamilton Co. had the online option). Received LTCH today.
    Summary: 84 official days (from mailing of application, fingerprints, and money order from Carmel PD). 84 days plus 2-3 weeks from a practical standpoint since that is the point I showed up with the intent to start the process but had to make schedules match up to come in again at a later date and interview with the chief to officially start the process.
    wow, thats alot of runaround!

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Wait what wait? Did the L1 thing on the 7/21 have pink paper in hand 7/24.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    thats awsome, i myself am trying to make more people aware of the L1 option, its not fair that anyone should wait so many weeks, and still nothin, spread the L1 word and help other IN gun owners as well:ingo:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    While I think your heart's in the right place, your enthusiasm should be channeled not only into telling new applicants to take the L-1 option, but to also push for the necessary fix for a broken system. We shouldn't have to shell out another $70 - $150 to fix their problems. Not to mention there are those that aren't able to.

I'm willing to wait the 60 days as required by law, although I don't believe it should take 60 days. I'm demanding that the people who're sworn to uphold the law be held to the same standard you and I are. It shouldn't take us refiling with the option that wasn't clearly spelled out when filing originally, or throwing more money at it hoping it'll get refunded.

Demand accountability! Demand the broken system be fixed!

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    While I think your heart's in the right place, your enthusiasm should be channeled not only into telling new applicants to take the L-1 option, but to also push for the necessary fix for a broken system. We shouldn't have to shell out another $70 - $150 to fix their problems. Not to mention there are those that aren't able to.

I'm willing to wait the 60 days as required by law, although I don't believe it should take 60 days. I'm demanding that the people who're sworn to uphold the law be held to the same standard you and I are. It shouldn't take us refiling with the option that wasn't clearly spelled out when filing originally, or throwing more money at it hoping it'll get refunded.

i agree, but to fight the state is something that u will almost certanly loose, or they will change the law and make the waiting period 20 weeks.... i have learned over the years how the world turns, u can b outraged that the state is taking more than 60 days, and post all sorts of threads about how unfair it is, demand that they fix the system,or u can find every loophole or recorce to go around the wait and carry your gun with a permit:twocents:

Last edited:

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In

I agree completely. The department needs to catch up with some OT and publicize the L-1 option. If they can't comply with the law, hire more people.

It appears that L-1 has a computer program that is far faster than the state system. Get one like it. Those of us who are waiting should apply some more heat.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    i agree, but to fight the state is something that u will almost certanly loose, or they will change the law and make the waiting period 20 weeks.... i have learned over the years how the world turns, u can b outraged that the state is taking more than 60 days, and post all sorts of threads about how unfair it is, demand that they fix the system,or u can find every loophole or recorce to go around the wait and carry your gun with a permit:twocents:

I never said I was fighting the state. I want the state to know that Hoosiers are unwilling to allow such a blatant disregard for the law to continue. I want my elected representatives, whom I've contacted on this issue, to see that we're tired of being :poop: on by "the man" with their lame excuses about being backlogged and receiving a ton of applications everyday.

Why not fight? Why not tell people we're not going to stand for it anymore? If we don't fight, the norm will become 20 weeks, because nobody stood up and said "this is bull :poop:, fix it!"

I'd have loved to done the L1 route. If I'd have known when I filed to pay the extra $11, I would have. It wasn't clearly explained when filling out the application what L1 does. I've also advocated for that to be fixed. I'm not, however, going to put one more red cent in their hands and hope and pray that they refund my money. Or hope that some technical or administrative glitch when they do eventually get to my paper application doesn't screw up my license.

Yes, I'm waiting. As of today, 73 days. 13 days of BREAKING INDIANA LAW. I am not responsible for their foul-ups. I am not responsible for finding the fix to their foul-ups. I agree that L1 is the most favorable option. But this is fracking unacceptable.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    And for the record, even if I were to receive my license Monday (it's not here today or obviously tomorrow) I would still be mad as hell for every other Hoosier that is stuck in the same situation.

Find out who your elected state representatives are and send them an e-mail, a letter, a phone call, or all three and let them know this situation sucks and needs to be fixed NOW! Even if you already have your little pink piece of freedom, your fellow Hoosiers are still stuck. Help us.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    And for the record, even if I were to receive my license Monday (it's not here today or obviously tomorrow) I would still be mad as hell for every other Hoosier that is stuck in the same situation.

Find out who your elected state representatives are and send them an e-mail, a letter, a phone call, or all three and let them know this situation sucks and needs to be fixed NOW! Even if you already have your little pink piece of freedom, your fellow Hoosiers are still stuck. Help us.
    i recently spoke to a lawyer he told me that people can push the issue and put heat on the state, all they will do is change the law accomidating them, it wont help us. i dont like it either, but the law is on there side, and the law can be changed to bennifit them, usually its not the other way around, i know it sux....but seriously, r u gonna hire an attourny to fight the state, if so my hat is off to u:patriot:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Why? The law doesn't benefit the state, nor the legislators, it benefits the people. It's not there to tell us that "sorry, you have 60 days to wait, sucks to be you", it's there to say to us "we have to do something within 60 days, give us a chance". The problem is, that they're not doing it within the allotted time, and as far as I can see, there's no penalty. There needs to be.

And no, I'm not going to hire an attorney to sue the state. The state isn't what needs to be sued, or the "heat put on", it's the ISP. Our elected representatives should be the one's putting the heat on the ISP, and telling them we're not going to stand for a law being broken is exactly what the purpose of having elected representatives is. The ISP should be held to following the law as the state has put forth. You are, I am, everyone else is. Right now, they're no better than the people they lock up for any other criminal offense.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Why? The law doesn't benefit the state, nor the legislators, it benefits the people. It's not there to tell us that "sorry, you have 60 days to wait, sucks to be you", it's there to say to us "we have to do something within 60 days, give us a chance". The problem is, that they're not doing it within the allotted time, and as far as I can see, there's no penalty. There needs to be.

And no, I'm not going to hire an attorney to sue the state. The state isn't what needs to be sued, or the "heat put on", it's the ISP. Our elected representatives should be the one's putting the heat on the ISP, and telling them we're not going to stand for a law being broken is exactly what the purpose of having elected representatives is. The ISP should be held to following the law as the state has put forth. You are, I am, everyone else is. Right now, they're no better than the people they lock up for any other criminal offense.
    i 100% agree, but it has been an issue for a while now, and nothing seems to be getting done. if you give me and all the rest of us a starting point, perhaps a # to call, or a rep to talk to, im sure we will all jump on board.:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom