• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    L-1 is a security checking company that makes secure ID such as a driver's License. You should get your LCTH within a week to ten days if you use L-1. for prints and background checks. Just check the L-1 option and the company will walk you through.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    i just did that on saturday, i was told the same thing, i received an email today from the state saying that as long as my backround was clean, i will receive my permit in a couple days, the lady at the first # told me no to, but then i got some guy that said no prob, it was worth the extra hassel to refile, now ill have mine by next monday insted of the end of august..

Do you know what you have to do as far as the local goes? I paid my state/local fees already, sent in the app. Now, I am scheduled for L1 on Friday. Will I just take what I get Friday and mail it, or do I need to go to the Elkhart PD and have them do their thing (even though they did it the first time).

I was in a rush when I talked to the supervisor, and didnt think to ask that question. Hopefully someone knows.

As for the waiting. Yeah, it sucks. I will be waiting for quite some time to get my money back. With this entire mess of a process, I wont let up though. I want to see reform.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Do you know what you have to do as far as the local goes? I paid my state/local fees already, sent in the app. Now, I am scheduled for L1 on Friday. Will I just take what I get Friday and mail it, or do I need to go to the Elkhart PD and have them do their thing (even though they did it the first time).

I was in a rush when I talked to the supervisor, and didnt think to ask that question. Hopefully someone knows.

As for the waiting. Yeah, it sucks. I will be waiting for quite some time to get my money back. With this entire mess of a process, I wont let up though. I want to see reform.
    you will still need to go to the local pd and pay them there fee as well,(refundable when they get to ur first app) then they will send it off just like the first time, only u wont need to do any paper work this time.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    you will still need to go to the local pd and pay them there fee as well,(refundable when they get to ur first app) then they will send it off just like the first time, only u wont need to do any paper work this time.

Local is going to want more money from me as well? That's lame! I'm going to take my reciept and see if that helps any. I really don't want to have $125 in limbo. $75 is bad enough!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    UPDATE: Elkhart did not want any thing more from me. She said they do the same thing regardless of whether you process at L1 or there. Because I already did that when I did my original app, I did not need to do it again. According to her, at least. We will see if that was true when I get my little piece of pink.

(Sorry for the double post whoring. Nearly impossible for me to edit from my phone)

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    They said currently being background checked. So, as long as they don't figure out I'm working for Al Qaeda, I'm golden.

And this was how long after you turned your app in?

I probably turned mine in two weeks ago, and sadly, i'm already going mad. I've got a glock 36 lined up for my direction, holster and all, and all I can do right now is stare at it at night.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN

I probably turned mine in two weeks ago, and sadly, i'm already going mad. I've got a glock 36 lined up for my direction, holster and all, and all I can do right now is stare at it at night.

LOL.

Wait is ~12 weeks, man.

I got my letter back from the Lafayette PD on 4/30/2010 - so the ISP should have received the paperwork sometime between 4/28 and 5/1 or 2... :D

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN

I'm in the same boat JT. I applied May 3.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Not to really discourage anyone but I filled out application online on 04/11/10 was printed at IMPD and filed said application on 4/13/10.Money order cashed by State of Indiana on 05/04/10 and I am still waiting on this the 20th of July 2010, or getting toward the end of the fourth month after the month in which I applied!! :rolleyes: :xmad: :xmad: :noway: :noway:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

You arent to far gone to go the L1 route. Do it.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Not to really discourage anyone but I filled out application online on 04/11/10 was printed at IMPD and filed said application on 4/13/10.Money order cashed by State of Indiana on 05/04/10 and I am still waiting on this the 20th of July 2010, or getting toward the end of the fourth month after the month in which I applied!! :rolleyes: :xmad: :xmad: :noway: :noway:

Call the ISP. Just do it.

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    Call the ISP. Just do it.

Maybe he has and got shuffled to the bottom of the stack out of spite. I won't be surprised if mine takes extra long also. More calls, more inquiries from legislators are needed.

Vince49 had a three week delay until the money order was cashed so by ISP own timeline, he should get his on or about August 4th. 60 days? That is the part ISP avoids addressing since they are obviously at fault but unwilling to do what it takes to catch up.

Ram-jac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    West Indy
    Just for some kinda reference point....what's the turn around time you've experienced "after" the state cashes out the money order?? They cashed mine on June 1st.....they didnt seem to have any problem getting thru that part of it. Thanks for the info.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Just for some kinda reference point....what's the turn around time you've experienced "after" the state cashes out the money order?? They cashed mine on June 1st.....they didnt seem to have any problem getting thru that part of it. Thanks for the info.

A lot of people say in their post. ISPs recording says 12 weeks, their employees are begining to say "as much as 14".

If you can afford another $85.95, go do it L1. Supposedly your original $75 will get refunded.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom