• Status
    Not open for further replies.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Just went to L-1 for prints. I did the application on line. Stopped and payed my local fees they said there is no interview or anything like that and it will be sent out today. Now for the waiting game.:D

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just spoke with the lady at ISP (ISP Firearms Licensing Section 317-233-5054).

Based on ISP receiving paperwork on 4/30, and the "girls" are working on April's submisisons now, I was told If I didn't receive it by Friday to call back and check. Keeping my fingers crossed. I go on vacation in 2 weeks and would like to be legal.

R/
    Jim

Support the NRA, and the fight to keep our rights. I do!
    Join the NRA today at NRA Online Membership
    Main NRA Website NRA
    National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action NRA-ILA ::

This is crap!!! I hate the wait. Called today and was told my information was received but had not been processed as of yet. What a bunch of crap. Well, I suppose patience wins out over excitement in this type of situation. I'll be over in the corner taking several deep breaths and pounding my fists on the floor if you need me!:ingo:

R/
    Jim

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not to really discourage anyone but I filled out application online on 04/11/10 was printed at IMPD and filed said application on 4/13/10.Money order cashed by State of Indiana on 05/04/10 and I am still waiting on this the 20th of July 2010, or getting toward the end of the fourth month after the month in which I applied!! :rolleyes: :xmad: :xmad: :noway: :noway:

Call them. I did my online app on the 28th of April and went to FWPD same day to pay and for prints. They mailed all to Indy the next day and just got my pink slip today.

I say to call because my hubby had a small discrepancy on his and they just sat on it until he called. Once he called, they got it out quickly.

Good luck !

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Call them. I did my online app on the 28th of April and went to FWPD same day to pay and for prints. They mailed all to Indy the next day and just got my pink slip today.

I say to call because my hubby had a small discrepancy on his and they just sat on it until he called. Once he called, they got it out quickly.

Good luck !

If I call again it will be the fourth time. I have called on three previous occasions over the past six weeks or so and all they will say is be patient! They probably have thrown mine under the desk out of spite as I wasn't really very nice or understanding the last time I called. If you go back through the posts for the last four months or so you will see that I have called and written letters,some of which I have posted on this thread. :rolleyes: :dunno:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    how do you do the L1 option who and where do I need to go to do this??

When you do your online app, there is a link to it. If not, someone should have a link (or you can Google around till you find it). You just have to put in your name and app number, and it will bring it up. It costs $10.95 more, but it cuts most of the wait out. Certainly recommended. See the other stickied thread about applying.

The issue with that is I barely scrounged up the $125 for pay the FIRST time. If I go the L1 route, I would have to pay them again, and then wait for a refund...

I feel your pain. It was a tough choice for me to bite the bullet and decide to do it. I was out of work for a few weeks because of an injury/summer shutdown. I just decided it took precedent over my weekly range sessions and a few days of quality lunch. It was a painful decision, but thats life. To each their own. :twocents:

@fnpfan :ingo: I forgot to rep you for it. I appreciate you getting that subject raised and corrected.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    JoshuaW, been stalking for awhile, here's my first post! Thanks for doing the research you did. After doing my thing here in Tippecanoe county on paper, here I find out about this L-1 thing. No mention of it at the Sheriff's office, or their handouts to perspective applicants. And we HAVE one here in Lafayette! So, after sending my money and reading your posts, I RE-applied online(which also is not mentioned in the Tipp handout), went to L-1 and got printed today. Hope to see that baby soon. I am only out $30 if I don't get a refund(4 year), but I am worried about having two apps out at once. We'll see.

Again,. thanks. You don't know me (yet), but you did me and I am sure, others, a great service by calling the State.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    JoshuaW, been stalking for awhile, here's my first post! Thanks for doing the research you did. After doing my thing here in Tippecanoe county on paper, here I find out about this L-1 thing. No mention of it at the Sheriff's office, or their handouts to perspective applicants. And we HAVE one here in Lafayette! So, after sending my money and reading your posts, I RE-applied online(which also is not mentioned in the Tipp handout), went to L-1 and got printed today. Hope to see that baby soon. I am only out $30 if I don't get a refund(4 year), but I am worried about having two apps out at once. We'll see.

Again,. thanks. You don't know me (yet), but you did me and I am sure, others, a great service by calling the State.
    uh hello, maybe u didnt see, but im the 1 who told all of you that u could use l1 even if you have an app out, i told josh, but thanx 4 the rep???:dunno:

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    uh hello, maybe u didnt see, but im the 1 who told all of you that u could use l1 even if you have an app out, i told josh, but thanx 4 the rep???:dunno:

My bad, guess I didn't read far back enough. Too much readin'. Well, thanks to you too!!!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Chill out man. You did the initital, and I added to it. I'm not one to take credit for someone else, I intended to inform him of your part.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    mercy its good your here to guide us all ;);)

STOP! Its not to late to go the L1 route!

I was so excited I started to sound like a broken record. Ah, who am I kidding. Im still that excited! I still havent done my L1 prints yet, I do that tomorrow. That excitement will probably carry on for 10-14 days, at which point I should recieve my pink paper (:rockwoot:), and I will forget completely about L1.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    refiled for my permit using L1 saturday, just got it in the mail, it took 6 days from file to finish!!! wooooo hooooo, so now i just need to wait 4 my refund from the first paper app i put in on 5-20!:draw::yesway::):

Last edited:

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Woo Hoo LTCH for me and wife finally received

Made application at the City / County building downtown Indy on April 21st and received our pink slips yesterday! :):

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Pink slip in hand! Showed up to "apply" way too long ago and had to make an appointment to come back and to meet with the chief, as per protocol in Carmel. (not complaining just reporting the protocol at the time in Carmel) A couple of weeks later on April 29th had the interview and application was sent in using (non L1) old fashion finger prints and paper application (before Hamilton Co. had the online option). Received LTCH today.
    Summary: 84 official days (from mailing of application, fingerprints, and money order from Carmel PD). 84 days plus 2-3 weeks from a practical standpoint since that is the point I showed up with the intent to start the process but had to make schedules match up to come in again at a later date and interview with the chief to officially start the process.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Made application at the City / County building downtown Indy on April 21st and received our pink slips yesterday! :):

Nice first post...you know you don't have to have the permit to be a contributing member of the site. :D Just kidding, congrats, and welcome. We got our LTCH's one day apart.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom