• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

luckyandy20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Sorry to add to my last post, didnt know if i could get a manual somewhere on what is legally aloud and what is not thanks again

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I'm not sure if it's because I've been background checked and fingerprinted multiple times as a city employee, but I didn't even wait a week before I received my permit in the mail.

I submitted my prints at the government building in Indianapolis and dropped the paperwork off at the City County Building on a Friday and had the permit waiting in the mail for me the following Thursday. Was a lifetime personal protection permit. Issue date was 4/13/2010.

I started the process online and submitted my prints using the L1 service (I think that was the name). After that you just need to take a $50 money order and the paperwork the L1 guy gives you to the city county building and you're good to go.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm not sure if it's because I've been background checked and fingerprinted multiple times as a city employee, but I didn't even wait a week before I received my permit in the mail.

I submitted my prints at the government building in Indianapolis and dropped the paperwork off at the City County Building on a Friday and had the permit waiting in the mail for me the following Thursday. Was a lifetime personal protection permit. Issue date was 4/13/2010.

I started the process online and submitted my prints using the L1 service (I think that was the name). After that you just need to take a $50 money order and the paperwork the L1 guy gives you to the city county building and you're good to go.

You got it that fast because of L1. If you let a local PD print you, it takes forever.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Do you think we need to make this a sticky? On the home page in bold face something like," Please read this before applying for a LTCH and save yourself a long wait". If so do we need to bring it to the attention of a moderator or administrator?

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Waiting time

Just got off the phone with lady at ISP firearms division. She confirmed that they are ten weeks behind in processing applications. She stated that they have more than 5000, yes that's five thousand! applications waiting to be processed. I asked if I could withdraw my application so that I could re-apply using L1 Security and she said no and that if I filed another application and they wound up with two for the same applicant in the system it might be delayed indefinitely while they sorted that out. Oh well!! :xmad: :dunno: :noway:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    It's taking longer than 60 days. I applied on March 10 and I still don't have mine.

If things continue going the way they're going now, you and I should have our LTCHs pretty soon. I paid for my M/O on 3/9/10 and put it in the mail the same day. Mail normally takes two day to get from Evansville to Indy, so I'm guessing that my app was there by 3/11 a Thursday. According to recent posts, the processors are currently on apps dated 3/1 or 3/2. According to the woman who works there, they process them according to date received not date applied for. So, hopefully we should have that little pink piece of paper in our hands, hopefully, before the month is up. But who knows. They could have a melt down and everything get delayed for another month...let's hope not.

If anyone else calls, be polite and try to get as much info as to what day they're working on.

Le Doug - Still bitting my nails in anticipation :nailbite: :nailbite:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    If things continue going the way they're going now, you and I should have our LTCHs pretty soon. I paid for my M/O on 3/9/10 and put it in the mail the same day. Mail normally takes two day to get from Evansville to Indy, so I'm guessing that my app was there by 3/11 a Thursday. According to recent posts, the processors are currently on apps dated 3/1 or 3/2. According to the woman who works there, they process them according to date received not date applied for. So, hopefully we should have that little pink piece of paper in our hands, hopefully, before the month is up. But who knows. They could have a melt down and everything get delayed for another month...let's hope not.

If anyone else calls, be polite and try to get as much info as to what day they're working on.

Le Doug - Still bitting my nails in anticipation :nailbite: :nailbite:

I was polite and so was she! She just sounded harassed and very busy and while she did not state that she could probably get more done if she did not have to answer the phone every few minutes she definitely implied as much. :dunno:

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    What if law-abiding citizens had to wait 3 months or so for an operator's license? How long would it take before people would just go ahead and drive anyway...and driving a car is not even a Constitutional right! I have always done everything by the letter of the law (with a couple lapses in my college daze) and would never advocate breaking the law, but geez. I see potentially dangerous people outside my door daily and I can't protect myself until I get a piece of pink paper in the mail when ever they finally get caught up? Hire some more people if apps are backed up..as a taxpayer of Marion Cnty, I give them my authorization. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom