• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    They just now told me that it's a minimum of ten weeks from the time they cash the money order.

I wasn't aware that the IC based any time frames on the date they cash your money order. Did I miss something? Or does the Indiana State Police just not feel it unnecessary to abide by the law?

The guy that answered wouldn't even bother to look anything up. He was most unhelpful.

I'm currently at 11 weeks.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    They just now told me that it's a minimum of ten weeks from the time they cash the money order.

I wasn't aware that the IC based any time frames on the date they cash your money order. Did I miss something? Or does the Indiana State Police just not feel it unnecessary to abide by the law?

The guy that answered wouldn't even bother to look anything up. He was most unhelpful.

My point exactly!! :xmad: :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

IC doesn't say from when the money order is cashed. It doesn't say 60 business days. It says 60 days from receipt of the request, period. ISP is willfully violating the law, and getting worse. It will take someone with enough spare cash to initiate a lawsuit with no potential payout to force the state to hire adequate employees to comply with the law.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    The ISP has absolutely no incentive to issue these in a timely manner. It is a good excuse for the Superintendent to get back at the people for the budget cuts and if confronted by the Legislature or Governors office he can therefore sight the lack of funding as an excuse. In reality I imagine that issuing of the LTCH is a very low priority job that is done by the newest hire on a, "if you have time when you are finished with these other things", basis. :rolleyes:

Just my thoughts. :dunno:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    IC doesn't say from when the money order is cashed. It doesn't say 60 business days. It says 60 days from receipt of the request, period. ISP is willfully violating the law, and getting worse. It will take someone with enough spare cash to initiate a lawsuit with no potential payout to force the state to hire adequate employees to comply with the law.

I know. I was being sarcastic and angry at the jagoff that answered the phone.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Just an observation(rant). Isn't it sad that this particular thread even exists!

:xmad: :dunno::xmad:

Its so sad.......If I knew it took this long (applied april 1st) to get my license I would have done it a hell of alot sooner, just held off waiting to have some extra cash laying around for it thinking oh 4-8 weeks isnt a bad wait :xmad:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Yeah, my fiancé called and has e-mailed ISP. The lady had no idea what she was talking about (asked when the COUNTY cashed the money order, but we paid cash to the county and sent ISP the money order). She got a generic e-mail from a guy from ISP asking her to call the number on the money order, even though there isn't a phone number to call, to see when it was cashed. He said they are working at 10-11 weeks from the time the MO was cashed and that she wasn't in the system yet. She applied on 3/4/2010. This Thursday will be the thirteenth week. I think I'm more mad than she is. Maybe a few of us need to go down state and offer our help to move a pile of papers from one desk to another. Anyone else up for it?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Yeah, my fiancé called and has e-mailed ISP. The lady had no idea what she was talking about (asked when the COUNTY cashed the money order, but we paid cash to the county and sent ISP the money order). She got a generic e-mail from a guy from ISP asking her to call the number on the money order, even though there isn't a phone number to call, to see when it was cashed. He said they are working at 10-11 weeks from the time the MO was cashed and that she wasn't in the system yet. She applied on 3/4/2010. This Thursday will be the thirteenth week. I think I'm more mad than she is. Maybe a few of us need to go down state and offer our help to move a pile of papers from one desk to another. Anyone else up for it?

I'm in, and I live here its only six miles downtown to their office. I have just been laid off and have some time. I would be willing to volunteer to work in the office and shuffle papers for free if it would help speed things up for my fellow applicants. :)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Whatever it takes.

I'm in too...........only if they give me my license on the first day I show up!

I would be willing to volunteer anyway. I applied 04/13/2010 so mine will be here in a few weeks anyway(I hope)! But I would still be willing to help clear the log jamb to help out my brothers and sisters. I would also be interested in knowing if anyone has any thoughts on how we might get the ISP to change the information on it's website to reflect the reality of the difference in wait times between the normal process and going through L1 Security which reduces that time to a matter of days. That information is on the online application sight but almost as a footnote and it should be Highlighted in RED. :D

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Thanks! I just called the ISP office to check on the status of my application. He didn't look it up, however he mentioned that I call the number listed on my money order to see if it was cashed, if it was cashed, it takes 2 weeks from that date normally....

Bank told me that mine was cashed by Marion County for $50.00 on 04/15/2010 and the second one for $75.00 by ISP on 05/04/2010. I make that to be about four weeks ago and I haven't seen anything yet. :ranton:

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Fed up with the wait...

Maybe a few of us need to go down state and offer our help to move a pile of papers from one desk to another. Anyone else up for it?

Count me in! I live in downtown Indy and would love to join a few folks from here in walking in the appropriate offices down here and (respectfully) letting these bureaucrats know how fed up all of us are.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    For those of you who are frequent checkers of this thread, like me, here are a couple phone numbers you can use to harass them into capitulation. GOOD LUCK

317-233-5054
    317-232-8264 (this number is, IMHO, the better of the two.)

If every person called and politely expressed their dismay at them not following the IC then maybe they will do something about it.

This is not a call to protest, or a call to arms, just a suggestion.

Le Doug

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    If every person called and politely expressed their dismay at them not following the IC then maybe they will do something about it.

That, or it would just massively increase the delays.

IMO, if people want to force them to follow the 60-day rule, a Class Action Suit would need to be initiated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom