• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eliteimagery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Elkhart, IN
    I'm from Elkhart and I went to pick up my paperwork from the EPD for my lifetime LTCH to send it to the ISP today and I was told that they're now announcing a 19-20 week wait. They said that the number of applicants is now upwards of 13k a month and that the state hired an additional 5 workers to process paperwork. I just hope that's not true!

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I'm from Elkhart and I went to pick up my paperwork from the EPD for my lifetime LTCH to send it to the ISP today and I was told that they're now announcing a 19-20 week wait. They said that the number of applicants is now upwards of 13k a month and that the state hired an additional 5 workers to process paperwork. I just hope that's not true!

When I applied for my lifetime earlier this year, I called down to the State Police licensing dept and was told to expect up to 10 weeks. They wait 8 weeks to make sure that the money order clears and is not returned (Fraudulant Money orders out there) and then thry will process. Mine took right at 9.5 weeks.:draw:

inkspot78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Applied for my lifetime license at the PD here in Fort Wayne on 5/22/09 (Friday). Date issued was 6/25/09 (Thursday), just one day shy of 5 weeks. Received in the mail on 6/29/09 (Monday).

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Lifetime Gun Permits

I applied for mine at the Hendricks County Sheriff's Department on May 22nd. Just this week I emailed the State Police to see what the status was. A Lt. Berkey quickly responded that he had my application on his desk and that there was a small problem with the electronic application process, but he would take care of it and process my application. I should be receiving it shortly.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    To avoid a huge gap, can I apply for the lifetime license while im in my 4-year? Like, maybe 2 years into it?

You can apply up to 180 days before your current one expires, but if you apply before it expires, it is still valid after the expiration date until you get approved or denied. So as long as you apply the day before it expires there is no gap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom