• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    Why is it that I can not apply for my lifetime license until my current one is within 6 months of expiring? This is for the birds... my current permit was just renewed in 4/2008. I went to sheriff's dept. and they would not even let me apply for lifetime, i then called and asked "If one lost their card" could they apply for lifetime instead of just getting a duplicate, they would not let me go that route either. Any one have a explanation other than "GOVERMENT"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well I don't have it in hand yet but it was approved on the 19th:rockwoot::rockwoot: :banana::banana::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:I feel sorry for my mailman I'm gonna be mugging his ass for the next couple of days til I get that sweet sweet piece of pink in my hands.:D And yes I did all of the above icons in my living room before I posted this.
    Timeline
    Applied local PD Feb 27
    MO cleared on Mar 23
    Issued May 19
    ETA Received. May 22
    ETA If your getting close call them, I called on the 18th and was told it was being processed, I asked if they had a idea when it would be, they told me a "week or two" next day it was issued.
    58 days from when the mo cleared.

Last edited:

hunt3rsd3n

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just got my lifetime along with my wife, 5/22. Marion County. Submitted last week of January 2009. Almost 4 months. Money order was cashed in March. Existing license holder with LTCH PP permit.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    My wife and I sent in the paperwork on March 9th for our lifetime permits. The first of May she calls me at work to inform me that HER permit was in her hands........but mine did not come in. Well the next day mine shows up in the mail. She likes to tell people that she got her permit before I did.
    Total time of 8 weeks and 4 days.
    Not too bad compared to some I have heard about!

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Mine took longer, about 4 months. Thats in Vanderburgh county through the sheriff and they screwed it up. I called back 3 months after I applied and I had heard nothing, and was told I was denied because of prior convictions for this and that, well I haven't so much as gotten a parking ticket! After I gave them my social security # (which is on the paperwork I originally sent them?) I got it straightened out and they got mine through pretty quickly after that. This was August that I applied and received mine in December.

PX4 Storm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Kokomo
    It says on the application that you can't renew until 180 days before your permit is set to expire. If you wanted a lifetime permit, you should have applied for one in the first place.

Why in the world would you want to try to get a lifetime permit wth three years remaining on your 4 year permit anyway?

Why is it that I can not apply for my lifetime license until my current one is within 6 months of expiring? This is for the birds... my current permit was just renewed in 4/2008. I went to sheriff's dept. and they would not even let me apply for lifetime, i then called and asked "If one lost their card" could they apply for lifetime instead of just getting a duplicate, they would not let me go that route either. Any one have a explanation other than "GOVERMENT"

Ronn38

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I applied for mine in Feb in Madison county and was told the wait was 6 months...so I'm still waiting.

Ronn

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    should i be concerned?

Mailed application & fingerprints, etc. on 4/7, money order still not cashed! I called ISP in Indy & they referred me to "Anthony" who said I should wait until 6/7 and then call back. ISP had no record of my application arriving and Tony said it wouldn't be entered into the system until the MO was cashed.

Why in the world would it take 8 weeks to deposit a MO???

I had read somewhere on INGO (I think) that Indiana State Law declares that a LCTH shall be approved or denied within 60 days from the date it arrives... any thoughts about holding the police's feet to the fire concerning obeying the law?

LACK9090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Indy
    Applied on 4/3
    Money order cashed by Marion County 4/8
    Money order cashed by Indiana State Police 4/13
    I am hoping it coming in the mail any day but when I applied the nice lady told me 10 to 12 weeks before I should call and check on it.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Applied on 4/3
    Money order cashed by Marion County 4/8
    Money order cashed by Indiana State Police 4/13
    I am hoping it coming in the mail any day but when I applied the nice lady told me 10 to 12 weeks before I should call and check on it.

Applied at Hendricks County Sherrifs Dept on 4/15, just recieved my Lifetime today 5/25.

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    Applied at Greenwood Police Department on 4/6
    Issued 5/22
    Received 5/29

Anyone else feel like a kid at christmas their first time? I went bounding up the stairs to get my gun and tripped, nearly broke my nose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom