Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    :thumbsup:

That's pretty awesome after all the BS you went through. Congrats !

Thanks! When I got the letter in the mailbox I figured it'd be a denial letter or something bad. Didn't expect it to be my LTCH so soon. I need to walk to the gas station later... Maybe I'll carry for the first time outside of my house or yard.

<-----currently the longest waiting. Lol. I don't even care to check the box anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I think I may be one of the fastest recipients. Three days ain't half bad... :) Best of luck. I'd get to calling/emailing people upstate.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I believe we applied the same day, and I'm getting antsy also after seeing Lebowski's wait.
    Congrat's to Lebowski, but damn!

To make it worse for you. I paid cash on the 16th at my local PD at around 3 or 4PM. My license says it was issued on the 17th, next day. Just took the mail a couple days to get it to me...

For what it's worth though, I have a fairly unique name, no record. I don't have any friends in high places or anything, not ex-military and not friends with any state boys. Unsure how mine got turned around so fast. I live in a real small town (12,000 people) so perhaps if you live someplace larger it takes longer? I really have no idea.

I was hoping I'd get mine before Christmas as per discussion here. Did not expect to get it in 3 days. I seriously thought the letter was going to be a rejection letter because I had concern about something that showed up on my record when I looked it up, about a noise ordinance violation in Bloomington and missed court dates over it. (Long story, short version being I was at a party of a friend and had just recently gotten there. So when the cops came to complain about the live band in the basement I spoke to them as I had not yet started drinking. I had a ticket in my name, went unpaid, and I guess they sent letters with court dates to that house. This was like 3 years ago and I've never heard anything about it until I looked it all up)

Anyhow, hang in there I guess. It'll come eventually.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last week a friend got his second DUI in two years. He applied for his license back in January and has been waiting. I didn't tell him, but his waiting days are over. Sad days. I feel so sorry for him. He blew a .08 and the Deputy Sheriff gave him a ticket. Sometimes my friend has an attitude problem. I hope it wasn't with the Deputy Sheriff.

Please. Don't drink and drive.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Well, finally finished applying today. Said I should get something back within 4 weeks now!

But the PITB didn't end today. I went to the Sherrif's department first, then the ol' lady said, "Wait, do you live in city limits?" To which I replied, "Yes". Turns out I needed to go to the local PD. So I went there, the fella wasn't there, so I walked around for 20 minutes and came back and waited another 5 minutes and then he showed up. Nice guy. We chatted and he let me hold his Glock 19.

\

So now the wait officially begins!

First, congrats on the Larry! Second, when I upgraded my 4 year to a lifetime earlier this year, I applied online, then to the sheriffs dept for electronic prints and to pay the local fee. I was told that now, you can do it all at your local PD OR the sheriffs office. I live in a town with a PD, so I was a little leery of the info the nice lady gave me, but a few months later, got the lifetime in the mail, so I guess it's different from county to county?:dunno:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    First, congrats on the Larry! Second, when I upgraded my 4 year to a lifetime earlier this year, I applied online, then to the sheriffs dept for electronic prints and to pay the local fee. I was told that now, you can do it all at your local PD OR the sheriffs office. I live in a town with a PD, so I was a little leery of the info the nice lady gave me, but a few months later, got the lifetime in the mail, so I guess it's different from county to county?:dunno:

Thanks.

From reading this thread for the last couple months I think it's safe to assume that there is no rhyme or reason as to how ISP processes these permits. It's certainly not first come first-serve. It's like they spin a wheel and process whatever application it lands on.

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    The way that ISP precesses is bull ****
    I am tired of the wait send pink or a denial
    letter I am going to make a call ill let all know
    How it goes .

Status
    Not open for further replies.