• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JHancock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Well, boys and girls, I finally get to give myself a :thumbsup:. Received my secret decoder ring today. Almost 6 months to the day.

I'll be here for everyone else still waiting. Hang in there.

:thumbsup:
    Congrats Brother!!!!! I couldn't imagine waiting that long. Very glad to hear you finally got it.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Applied Non-L1 1-25-13 Lake County Sheriff's department, Money Order cashed 2-1-13, issued 6-20-13, received 6-24-13:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Looks like I've got about 1 more week then, mo cashed 2-7.
    When I called on 6-6 ISP said they were working on 1-23, so you were 2-1 and issued on 6-20, they are taking just over 1 day to process 1 day of apps (correct me if my calculations are off). Gratz!!! its good to hear an update on non-L1 apps

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    mailed app and inked prints for my lifetime on 1-29, I left for myrtle beach on 6-19 got home on 6-24 and my pink slip was in the mail. now I have to go and find a good carry firearm

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Did everything in early-mid Feb. I called them twice just to get an idea of where they were in the stack of paper applications. First time was 16, second time was 20. I called them because two of my emails went unanswered (14 days apart...not even an autoresponder).

I finally relented and sent a third email last Wednesday and got absolutely nothing back. Maybe I'm impatient, but in today's world it cannot take a lot of time to look over a criminal record. I'm a programmer and I know for a fact that most of that data can be pulled up electronically and I'm young enough that my entire record is electronic.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: "I'm not a patient man."

I did some digging and learned about

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.

So I went ahead and called one of our state representatives today. I spoke with Gloria Schroeder (staff of Senator Dennis Kruse) who said she would start looking into the delay of my application.

I realize that many of you have been waiting for longer than I have, but truthfully...the law is the law. I've gotten parking tickets for not following the law. There's no reason the state can't follow it either. My background is clean (a speeding ticket, a parking ticket, and one accident aren't grounds for anything serious), I even applied to the ISP and went quite a ways before finding out about some health problems.

Maybe this will go nowhere, but I think it's important to utilize whatever resources I have at my disposal to assist myself (and maybe others) to getting their permit.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Did everything in early-mid Feb. I called them twice just to get an idea of where they were in the stack of paper applications. First time was 16, second time was 20. I called them because two of my emails went unanswered (14 days apart...not even an autoresponder).

I finally relented and sent a third email last Wednesday and got absolutely nothing back. Maybe I'm impatient, but in today's world it cannot take a lot of time to look over a criminal record. I'm a programmer and I know for a fact that most of that data can be pulled up electronically and I'm young enough that my entire record is electronic.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: "I'm not a patient man."

I did some digging and learned about

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.

So I went ahead and called one of our state representatives today. I spoke with Gloria Schroeder (staff of Senator Dennis Kruse) who said she would start looking into the delay of my application.

I realize that many of you have been waiting for longer than I have, but truthfully...the law is the law. I've gotten parking tickets for not following the law. There's no reason the state can't follow it either. My background is clean (a speeding ticket, a parking ticket, and one accident aren't grounds for anything serious), I even applied to the ISP and went quite a ways before finding out about some health problems.

Maybe this will go nowhere, but I think it's important to utilize whatever resources I have at my disposal to assist myself (and maybe others) to getting their permit.

Here we go again.....:popcorn:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom