• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Does the website still say 11 weeks? I'm on week 10 today (4/19/2012). I will send a formal email, and place a call, next Friday after I finish class. I will be sure to have the IC cited in the email. As well as be prepared to cite it on the phone.

I'm certain this really won't get me very far, but I will politely and respectfully express my displeasure. I knew it would take this long, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I was told, "Four weeks in the mail." when I applied.

I guess it doesn't matter when it comes down to it. I don't have anything to carry yet, or a holster. That and I don't feel comfortable just strapping on a gun and carrying before I get some trigger practice. Hopefully I don't get mugged, shot, or stabbed between now and getting my permit and EDC.

gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen
    When I applied, the lady at the Police Station told me that it could take up to 6 months to get it. She also said that if it was more than 6 months I'm supposed to go back to the Police Station and they will call them for me....so yeah it'll be probably June or July before I get mine. I didn't realize how much of a wait it was otherwise I would've just done the L1. Oh well, on a positive note, I take comfort in knowing that so many people are getting their permit. It means that there will be a higher possibility of someone carrying if something bad happens.

Scttmtclf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Kosciusko Co
    Just got my LTCH in the mail yesterday!
    non L1
    Applied at local PD 12-28-12
    mailed same day
    Money order cashed 1-2-13
    LTCH issued 4-12-13
    Received 4-18-13
    15 weeks & 1 day from time Money Order was cashed to receiving it in my mailbox

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    This sucks. Mine expired over a year ago and me and the wife go to get prints done tomorrow. So we may be lucky to actually be able to carry our guns by maybe christmas.:(

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    non L1
    mailed same day
    LTCH issued 4-12-13
    Received 4-18-13

This gives me hope that mine will probably be next week or the week after...applied Non-L1 1/3, Money Order cashed 1/11, it will be 15 week next week since MO cashed

Navykid05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    South Indy
    non L1
    mailed same day
    LTCH issued 4-12-13
    Received 4-18-13

Don't get me too excited. I got printed 12/31 non L1 so I can only hope it's just one more week of torture...

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    1/23/13 -
    My wife and I both did L1 + Marion County local today, new lifetime for her, renewal to lifetime for me. Electronic of all 4 fingers each hand, then individual digits each hand at L1. Electronic thumb and index of each hand at the City County Bldg. Lady at the desk was telling folks 4 weeks backup on L1.

3/23/13 - Nothing in the box yet. 4 weeks my ass.

Nada as of yesterday, 4/17/13. 13wks and counting.

Just got off the phone with ISP, they followed up on the email I sent on 3/23. My wife's was issued on 4/17, mine on 4/18. The original followup email said that he (the officer I spoke to) couldn't find my application, but after talking to him today, he found it and we're all good to go. Will probably get it tomorrow or Monday.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just got off the phone with ISP, they followed up on the email I sent on 3/23. My wife's was issued on 4/17, mine on 4/18. The original followup email said that he (the officer I spoke to) couldn't find my application, but after talking to him today, he found it and we're all good to go. Will probably get it tomorrow or Monday.

How did you get through to them ? All I ever get is the recording.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom