Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Week 17 for me
    6 weeks since my wife got hers and she applied 2 days after me
    16 days since I wrote ISP an email and still haven't had a response

Yes I have a minor misdemeanor but I am sooooooo thankful that I paid the extra money to speed it up and even more thankful that by law the law enforcers only have 60 days to do this. If that wasn't the case I might be stuck waiting months for a license :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat as you... i believe We even sent ours in on the same day (L1 on 1-7-13)... still no word on mine yet. .. either.

I sent them an email about a month ago. . Asking about the 60 day thing. ...I got a personal reply. . But it didn't have a "friendly" tone to it.

In short. ..I was told that yes. .. It is the law. .. But. .there are NO REPERCUSSIONS. .. If they disobey that law (isn't it funny how gov't gets to break laws with zero repercussions. .. And us private citizens get the "book" thrown at us if we break laws !?)

Anyways. .. the reply basically ended by him stating that if they did follow that law. . with the increased number of ltch app's.... Then they would just simply deny ALL apps that reached the 60day waiting mark.... And all of us applicants would have to just keep re-applying.

How crappy is that?

The whole reply had an almost sarcastic undertone and made me wonder if my app was now going to the bottom of the pile. ..lol !

TheCapt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Portage, IN
    I just applied on Monday and met with L1 today for fingerprinting. I love the email I recieved from the ISP Firearms Licensing Section. It says...

Once the local agency submits the electronic application to us, it will begin to be processed within days. If you have no background problems, the license is mailed within a few days of being received by the Firearms Licensing Section.

They make it sound so quick and painless in the email. I'm going on Friday to finish the application at the Porter County Sheriff's office...I'll post back in 12-16 weeks I suppose :rolleyes:

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Is there any way to find out how much money they have raked in with hand gun permits in the last few months? I have heard at one point they were getting 4000 apps a week, if you add all that up 175 x 4000 thats 700,000 a week. Pretty nice paycheck for a week and they say they cant afford to put more people on the task of hand gun permits.

Today was week 11 for me and nothing in the mail. One arrest but never convicted of any wrong doing and was paid by marion county police for wrongfull arrest.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    1/23/13 -
    My wife and I both did L1 + Marion County local today, new lifetime for her, renewal to lifetime for me. Electronic of all 4 fingers each hand, then individual digits each hand at L1. Electronic thumb and index of each hand at the City County Bldg. Lady at the desk was telling folks 4 weeks backup on L1.

3/23/13 - Nothing in the box yet. 4 weeks my ass.

Nada as of yesterday, 4/17/13. 13wks and counting.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Week 17 for me
    6 weeks since my wife got hers and she applied 2 days after me
    16 days since I wrote ISP an email and still haven't had a response

Yes I have a minor misdemeanor but I am sooooooo thankful that I paid the extra money to speed it up and even more thankful that by law the law enforcers only have 60 days to do this. If that wasn't the case I might be stuck waiting months for a license :rolleyes:

Sue them. I'm not being even the slightest bit sarcastic. I wish somebody would!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    You can't obtain a Utah license without first having an Indiana LTCH.
    I'm planning to take the class for my Utah permit on May 18th. Have you heard how long people are waiting for non-resident Utah permits. It will add Ohio, Minnesota, W. Virginia. Washington, Nebraska and I think one other state...can't remember.:dunno:

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I'm planning to take the class for my Utah permit on May 18th. Have you heard how long people are waiting for non-resident Utah permits. It will add Ohio, Minnesota, W. Virginia. Washington, Nebraska and I think one other state...can't remember.:dunno:
    I took the class and mailed the application in on March 9th....I'm still waiting, but hopefully it will be soon! I'm guessing 2-3 months total.

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Well...we are back from Germany...applied non-L1 1/3 money order cashed on 1/11...15 weeks since the 3rd or 14 weeks tomorrow when the MO was cashed...scoured through 2 weeks of BS...and nothing, nada, zilch....oh well...maybe next week

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well, tomorrow will be 12 weeks L1 in Marion County. If it isn't in my mailbox tomorrow, I will email them and ever so politely remind them that they have far exceeded the 60 day allowance. Oh yeah, where the Hell is my extra ten dollars for L1?! I hadn't been all that angry about it until I realized that tomorrow is 3 MONTHS! Shall issue?!?! Hardly.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Well, tomorrow will be 12 weeks L1 in Marion County. If it isn't in my mailbox tomorrow, I will email them and ever so politely remind them that they have far exceeded the 60 day allowance. Oh yeah, where the Hell is my extra ten dollars for L1?! I hadn't been all that angry about it until I realized that tomorrow is 3 MONTHS! Shall issue?!?! Hardly.

Good luck with the email .. I emailed and it took them 2 weeks to auto reply me with the canned response "if you submitted L1 its a 12 week wait and if you did paper its 16 weeks, thanks blah blah Bull **** bull ****" I replied asking for more info since I have been waiting 6 months and I expect to be waiting another couple of weeks for a reply.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

I feel ya. Starting 15 weeks tomorrow, L1. :xmad:

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Sue them. I'm not being even the slightest bit sarcastic. I wish somebody would!

I'm not really agrivated that its taking so long, I'm agrivated over all the lies. If they would just come out and tell the truth it wouldn't be so bad. It's funny you made that comment. I told my wife a the other day that I was wondering if something happens like I get mugged and killed, I wonder if my wife could sue the government? She reminded me you can't sue the government. Isn't it funny how that works

whitind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    non L1 going on 20 weeks wait. I received the same email from ISP as everyone else "16 weeks non L1 yada yada"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom