• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So are you arguing that your rods and cones are arranged evenly across your retina? Or that there is no increase in blod flow to the eye during a hyperarousal reaction?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Good thing. During a critical hyperarousal dynamic incident, the increase in blood flow to the eyes increases temperature, and thus the rate at which cells in the eye oxidize, resulting in subpar tactical weapons system manipulations.

you can minimize that effect by shielding the eyes, or by buying Oral IV super hydration complex! It's only 12$ for 60ml, but how much is your life worth?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Good thing. During a critical hyperarousal dynamic incident, the increase in blood flow to the eyes increases temperature, and thus the rate at which cells in the eye oxidize, resulting in subpar tactical weapons system manipulations.

you can minimize that effect by shielding the eyes, or by buying Oral IV super hydration complex! It's only 12$ for 60ml, but how much is your life worth?

Odd, I thought during hyperarousal all of the blood immediately left your upper body and pooled between your waist and knees. Brain stops thinking about consequences, tongue flaps randomly and without control, eyes focus on only one thing (or pair of things, if in close proximity), wallet muscles relax and money flows more freely, etc.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Odd, I thought during hyperarousal all of the blood immediately left your upper body and pooled between your waist and knees. Brain stops thinking about consequences, tongue flaps randomly and without control, eyes focus on only one thing (or pair of things, if in close proximity), wallet muscles relax and money flows more freely, etc.

Ohhhhh- he was talking about blood flow to THAT rod and cones....

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    David, this is a family forum, enough with the hyperarousal talk.:p

Ohhhhh- he was talking about blood flow to THAT rod and cones....

You guys are making a shootout sound awesome. I used to dread the possibility, now I can't wait! :laugh:

I'll be sure to be much more selective in the hoodie-wearing thugs I stalk through my neighborhood than a certain neighborhood watch captain.

5420388.jpg

This will definitely change the way I train.

-rvb

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm still looking for Christina Hendricks pics to see what all this hyperarousal stuff is about.

Maybe that's what they were talking about when they said "you'll go blind" hmmmmmm

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sorry David, however this forum is too serious most of the time anyway.........

Regardless, I think we've gotten off topic because I just dont think whether or not I'm doing the tactical turtle or the dynamic duck or whatever affects the bloodflow to my eyes.... that's a whole other debate for sure, but I just don't see any cause/affect one way or the other. I'd put the position of the head up there in importance w/ the exact position of the feet. Sure, the "perfect stance" and feet position might make a slight difference if going for a world record on 5-To-Go, but otherwise debating it is wasted bandwidth...........

I think we are both saying "it doesn't matter" but for different reasons. You're saying I'll end up w/ tunnel vision anyway (I think) so ease of transitions/etc won't be affected, and I'm saying it doesn't really block your periferal vision anyway.

As w/ most threads on this sub-forum, 99.5% agreement w/ lots of gnashing on the remaining .5%....

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom