CRS Firearms (Matt Hoover) Found Guilty (Auto Key Card Case)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    and people say our government jackboots would never "just follow orders"; pffttt yeah, right... The scum are already reportedly going door to door for "FRT" triggers (I believe the ATF scum had bought off on these as well), and now they are being confiscated (cough, 4th Amendment, cough).

Just wait a bit, and they will be shooting your dog and burning your home down with you in it.
    Every law comes with the implicit use of deadly force if they deem it necessary in order to enforce it. That’s why they want to take away private citizen’s guns.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It will be interesting to see how the judge handles this conviction at sentencing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Their written opinions are meaningless.
    That may very well be but at least you would have something tangible to present in court in your defense. it's better than "I spoke with someone at the ATF and they said it was ok."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You believe a federal judge would permit such immaterial matters into evidence?
    How can it be immaterial if it was something tangible from the authority that led you to believe it was ok?

Edit: Not sure if you might have been sarcastic here and i didn't initially pick it up.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    They told tens of millions of people to go ahead and buy pistol braces and then declared them all felons.
    I believe like ive posted here before it was the evolution from a true pistol with a round buffer tube in the beginning. To in a few years later a adj padded butstock on a pistol.
    Thats an SBR my friend.

gun-1666.jpg
    Pistol

AR-Pistol-with-Brace.jpg
    SBR

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Weird thing is, some of the news articles I pulled up include the ad/art work for the thing...

Do I have to clear my browser cache to flush that image? Or risk prison?

This is stupid... but also not wise to push the envelope on ATF, especially these days with the direction to prosecute anything and everything... even if the .gov loses, the prosecution itself is punishment.

ETA: Forgot the purple, lol! Not a real question...

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Who did he talk to is my question.
    Well, he spoke to his FFL/SOT agent. In writing would have been a better choice, but I'm not sure that would have made any difference here either, as Mr. Freeman mentioned.

I am possessing cocaine.
    That is a different agency.
    Now, if you were attempting to sell that and represented it as cocaine, then you'd have a couple motel rooms full of agents ready to swoop in.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    As I understand it (and I will admit I am not following this religiously)-he was not charged at first. He was just a paid advertiser of the product. When the guy making the cards was arrested Matt started a fundraising campaign to help him mount a legal defense which made him a conspirator in their eyes. he would not have been charged had he not done that. There are some very dangerous precedence being set here. A picture of a machine gun part is considered a machine gun. A novelty item is now fair game even if it doesn't work - and starting a fundraiser to help people with their legal defense makes you part of a conspiracy.

How dare you poke big brother.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As I understand it (and I will admit I am not following this religiously)-he was not charged at first. He was just a paid advertiser of the product. When the guy making the cards was arrested Matt started a fundraising campaign to help him mount a legal defense which made him a conspirator in their eyes. he would not have been charged had he not done that. There are some very dangerous precedence being set here. A picture of a machine gun part is considered a machine gun. A novelty item is now fair game even if it doesn't work - and starting a fundraiser to help people with their legal defense makes you part of a conspiracy.

How dare you poke big brother.

APB out for Larry Vickers and Ian McCollum.

Subjects considered armed, heavily, and Larry Vickers considered dangerous, like running Ebola dangerous, I mean if he ran.

1682351738587.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ATF: if we can't get you one way, we'll figure out another way and keep trying until we get you because we want you convicted in order to support our unlawful subjective interpretations.

If the courts had any shred of integrity they would recognize it for what it is and put a stop to this nonsense.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom