CRS Firearms (Matt Hoover) Found Guilty (Auto Key Card Case)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Selling lightning links in this day and age is a pretty bold move. I get the "shall not be infringed" mindset, but this was just asking for trouble. I expect to see a lot more stories like this with the rise in availability of 3d printing.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    And, he wasn't selling them either.
    Just accepting money from an advertiser to talk about them. After the ATF told him it was OK to do so.

Fun fact: even the ATF machinists were unable to make these "machine guns" function (becasue they were specifically sized not to work).

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dude was super dumb. Dude was even more annoying. But neither of those are illegal, just like it shouldn't be illegal to sell a drawing.
    I think the problem was that the drawing was on metal so that it could be readily converted to MG parts. Maybe he would have gotten away with selling them on paper? :dunno:

kinda like me selling "art" that is a hyper realistic double sided print of a $100 bill. On cotton fiber reinforced paper.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Except it wasn't like that.
    The outlines were too small, the cards too thick. It simply could not be "readily" converted any more than any other piece of metal.

To realign the analogy, it would be like you selling a 3/4 size hyper realistic double sided print of a $100 bill. On cardstock.
    Not gonna be useful in anyway other than novelty.

And again: he wasn't making, selling or transferring these.
    He was only talking about them, and being paid to advertise them.

Here's one of the better analyses of the case:

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I only watched some of the video, so I didn't realize these weren't functional. I figured they were ready to be twisted out and dropped in. Still seems unwise to hock these things on the www.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Since the Biden administration has apparently given the ATF the authority to go after everything and everybody from FFL's to Youtubers whether legal or not now is not the time to advertise anything that can be borderline illegal such as in this case. Even though it didn't work it doesn't matter to them they have their orders and following like puppets. Dumb move by the guy.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It's absolutely BS that the ATF can tell you something is okay and then turn right around and prosecute you for it.
    Who did he talk to is my question. The schmuck answering the phone….probably not the best SME to get an OK from wether your insurance company but especially legal will I go to jail advise.

This reminds me of what a Okd Captian of mine said that I have shared here. You can do whatever you want just make sure your career and bank account can handle it.

Moral of the story don’t stand so close to the mud puddle then act surprised when you get splashed!!!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Who did he talk to is my question. The schmuck answering the phone….probably not the best SME to get an OK from wether your insurance company but especially legal will I go to jail advise.

This reminds me of what a Okd Captian of mine said that I have shared here. You can do whatever you want just make sure your career and bank account can handle it.

Moral of the story don’t stand so close to the mud puddle then act surprised when you get splashed!!!!!
    Moral of the story. Whenever dealing with getting an ATF "ok" on something that is questionable is to GET IT IN WRITING!!! DO NOT TRUST THE ATF. They are not looking out for your best interest.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dude was super dumb. Dude was even more annoying. But neither of those are illegal, just like it shouldn't be illegal to sell a drawing.
    He was making videos during the trial stating that he was going to win, lol! That is super dumb.

Yeah, Skippy, feds don't lose. Don't get involved in federal tax conspiracies and work to abolish the NFA.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Moral of the story. Whenever dealing with getting an ATF "ok" on something that is questionable is to GET IT IN WRITING!!! DO NOT TRUST THE ATF. They are not looking out for your best interest.
    As we’ve seen with braces though, even then that’s not worth the paper it’s written on.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Their written opinions are meaningless.
    First democrats (progressives) figured out passing constitutional amendments was too difficult, took too long, and the results were unpredictable. Then they found they could get friendly judges to rule the way they wanted to and it practically took a constitutional amendment to undo those rulings. Lately, they found they could just do what they wanted and wait out the the legal system to wind its way through the process. They have the added bonus knowing that the odds are pretty good that those sympathetic judges will rule in their favor anyway.

If there are any delusions that we are a nation of laws, let them go. We are a nation of political will. And too many republicans are unwilling to fight back.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    they have their orders and following like puppets
    and people say our government jackboots would never "just follow orders"; pffttt yeah, right... The scum are already reportedly going door to door for "FRT" triggers (I believe the ATF scum had bought off on these as well), and now they are being confiscated (cough, 4th Amendment, cough).

Just wait a bit, and they will be shooting your dog and burning your home down with you in it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom