• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    After some extensive use of the 'search' function here, I've come up with little help so I guess I'll have to start a new thread.

From what I've seen on the net and the listing of Indiana Gun Shows, there appears to be one this weekend at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Crown Point.

I've never been to a show before, but figured it might be worth a trip for a couple 'Me' Gifts to finish out the holiday shopping season (I'm almost done!).

So....anyone been to this show before? Is it worth it?

I'm not expecting it to be huge like the 1500's I've read about, but I'm really just wondering if someone can tell me if it's even worth my Sunday morning.

Thanks in advance.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    If you know what you want and what you are willing to pay ho and have fun.. CP show used to be a good show past year or so it SUCKS!!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Past few years have not been great in CP.

The 1500 is usually worth the trip, I try to make two a year. I gave up on the CP show as of the first one this year, I used to go to two or three a year there.

Selection has gone down drastically, prices have skyrocketed, attitudes have gone south. It's just not worth it anymore. Maybe as the market in firearms and ammo has let up from the rush things may be different but I'm not holding my breath.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    You live in Hammond so its close by....I go to most of them. Hey it's five bucks to kick tires for a couple of hours. Always a chance you'll find something :twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Save your $$$ and go to the Indy 1500 prices & selection are better. Othrwise go with just $5 to pay for the entrance fee and look around. It's a good place to lok & feel what you might be intrested in and then go online or to the 1500 to actually buy. The prices at the CP show are high and the vendors are not that nice now-a-days.

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    It is absolutely LAME compared to Indy 1500. I sometimes go just for entertainment but never expect to find anything good there. It's basically just a bunch of old farts wanting way too much for their old hunting rifles. Perhaps you can find a better deal there than at Cabela's, but for serious stuff I'd hold out for Indy in January and make the drive.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Seriously lately it's been crappy. Prices are high even when quality is low, and there is the downside to buying from someone who's not a known reputable dealer. While it might be okay occasionally, that can lead to the same kind of misery as buying someone's used car with no warranty and not getting a good mechanic to check it out thoroughly before hand.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I went a couple of times. Each time, I walked around and left quickly. There wasn't much to see. I didn't think I got $5.00 worth of information, let alone product. I didn't buy a thing. It is better to wait for the 1500.

wizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Chesterton
    I've had some good luck at CP, bought a couple of Kel-Tec P3at's at the last one. I went to $245 ea. OTD. Found 380 ammo when no one else had any. Admittedly Indy and Porter County are the better shows. CP is close and sometimes just going is better than suffering withdrawal. $5 therapy!

Bigswin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    I went to two 1500 shows this year and only purchased ammo. I did some gun trading but the prices there were not very good. I was pretty disappointed.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Well hopefully the dealers there have started to notice and fix what's wrong - attitudes, and make changes to make the show worth visiting.

That's never going to happen, as long as people continue to go. Some of those old school dealers have a rude awaking on the horizon. You have got to change with the times, and lose the attitude. You cannot carry the same old worn out inventory for years and command top dollar.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    That's never going to happen, as long as people continue to go. Some of those old school dealers have a rude awaking on the horizon. You have got to change with the times, and lose the attitude. You cannot carry the same old worn out inventory for years and command top dollar.
    You guys hit it right on the head but I heard recently there has been a split among the show vendors and some have jumped out and some new faces have signed up. We quit going due to the Same old stuff show after show.
    Ive been told the shows are changing up a bit and I needed to look back a doing the CP show. May do that not sure.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anyone attending the Crown Point show interested in helping me out?

I can not attend, but I'd like to find a mag for my new toy. I'm looking for a magazine to fit a Colt 1903 .32 automatic. I'm willing to pay up to $50 for a Colt mag, or $40 for an aftermarket.

Any help?:popcorn:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The show was great 7 years ago... ok 5 years ago and it's pretty much sucked since then.

I went to everyone back in the day. I haven't been to one in 18 months probably. Over priced.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Dont waste your time

Unless you got nothing else to do... The bigger new gun vendors werent there the last couple of times I went.The valpo fairgrounds show is better but the 1500 is definitely worth the trip in my opinion. I would love to go to Vegas for the shot show....

Top Bottom