• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    CPI is having there's this weekend also at the usual spot in schereville. Most people seem to prefer that one. Brad and otherdave, any reason you don't go to this show? Much better location, nicer venue, and easier parking for sure.

Parking is easier, but this time when the wife and I went the vendors were down to just 1 room. There were some decent prices, but not a lot of variety. Probably will not go to this one again. Crown Point still had quite a few vendors and there were some good prices there, but parking SUCKS, they need curtains on the south facing windows, even some of the vendors moved their stuff so they could see it. There were at least 2 tables the wife and I walked past due to the glare being so bad.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We were rather disappointed in the show. They did not search anyone, but did ask if you were carrying any loaded firearms or mags.

My husband did manage to find one gun he liked and traded one that he wasn't in love with...he was happy with the deal.

Ammo was high. Lots of knives there. Not as many guns as we would have liked to see and overall, we did not see any great bargains. It was a fun day out even with the icy roads and disorganized parking situation. I'm sure part of that was due to the weather and the snow, but it was not safe. Lots of people walking in the narrow driving lane. People going in both directions in a lane that was not wide enough to pass by each other. I'm not sure we would go back. It was a fairly good drive but we did enjoy lunch out.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Went to Schererville yesterday. It was pretty much a joke. ZX Guns were there, which was nice, as they have really competitive pricing, even for a gun show. Other than that, it was some guy selling a bunch of survival stuff (gas masks, geiger counters, freeze-dried food), a guy selling over-priced ammo, one other dealer vendor with some AK's, a small-time old guy with a few old handguns in a shadow box and a table selling really cheap knives. There was also someone selling some various styles of steel targets and a guy that did woodworking.

If this is how the show usually is, it's a waste of $5 in my opinion. The only way I'd go back is if there was something specific that ZX carries that I was serious about buying. I was a little tempted by an M&P Shield for $399, but didn't pull the trigger.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I went to the Schererville show on Saturday. There wasn't much there at all, but I did get a decent deal on an AK. Might go drive out to CP just to kill some time.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    It's just the same stuff over and over both shows are garbage. When are we gonna actually get some quality back in our gun shows in Nwi?

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The only way I'd go back is if there was something specific that ZX carries that I was serious about buying. I was a little tempted by an M&P Shield for $399, but didn't pull the trigger.

I feel the same way. I went to last January's show for a specific purchase from ZX and felt I paid a fair price. The $5 admission fee was much better than driving out to Goshen. I like visiting ZX guns at the Blue Chip shows in Michigan City. You get to buy guys and do some gambling at the same time :)

Top Bottom