• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Great info! The CrossBreed I ordered was actually the pocket rocket for my P238. So, I won't cancel the order, and I didn't know about "their beliefs", thanks for that info too. That is a plus for me. I also need holsters for several other pistols, including Hi-Powers, GP100 and CM9s. I do have a Bianchi I like for the Hi-Power and an El Paso for the CM9, but am always looking for options. BBI, do you think the Galco SC would work as well for a 4" GP100 as it does your 3" GP100?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    As an added bonus you won't be forced to advertise the manufacturer's religious beliefs.

Also, free candy!

Woot!!

smarties_mega.jpg

Ha! The last time I received my order from Comptac my fiance was home and I pulled out the new straps for my Infidel a set of C-clips for my Mtac and the Smarties fell out onto the table. She picked them up and said "Why did a holster company send you candy?" I said I have no idea but its freaking awesome!.....

Then she ate them :(

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ha! The last time I received my order from Comptac my ex-fiance was home and I pulled out the new straps for my Infidel a set of C-clips for my Mtac and the Smarties fell out onto the table. She picked them up and said "Why did a holster company send you candy?" I said I have no idea but its freaking awesome!.....

FIFY. Candy thievery cannot be tolerated.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    That's how I figured it would be a couple months.:( I checked out Alien gear and Foxx web sites. They all look alike...basically. I will have to try Alien gear...under $30. That's nice. Maybe try a little foxx. I have never tried one of the newer hybrid holsters. They say they are comfortable...seems like a lot to stick in my pants.:whistle:
    The Foxx holster has very thin clips that have sharp edges. I sent mine back and ordered an Alien Gear for my P220.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have used crossbreed holsters for years. I use one everyday to carry my Glock26. I dont even know its there. It is comfortable, and easy for concealment.
    It will be worth the wait.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have used crossbreed holsters for years. I use one everyday to carry my Glock26. I dont even know its there. It is comfortable, and easy for concealment.
    It will be worth the wait.

I'd rather have this for $90.00, with the ability to interchange shells delivered with candy within a week...

DSC_0187.jpg

Than this for $69.75 after a 2 month wait...

5736768905_0dce85cd7f.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, do you think the Galco SC would work as well for a 4" GP100 as it does your 3" GP100?

Absolutely. I've carried my 4" Security Six in it a couple of times when I knew I was going to be getting sweaty and wanted to carry stainless steel instead of blued. The Summer Comfort is a great all around holster, is much less bulky than the hybrid styles, is easier to get in the pants and adjust, etc.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I was displeased with my wait time too( 2 1/2 months!) But it was well worth it. You won't be disappointed. They have excellent customer service too. If you talk to them they will do what they can to help you out. I got them to throw in a couple extra sets of clips and hardware for free.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Absolutely. I've carried my 4" Security Six in it a couple of times when I knew I was going to be getting sweaty and wanted to carry stainless steel instead of blued. The Summer Comfort is a great all around holster, is much less bulky than the hybrid styles, is easier to get in the pants and adjust, etc.

Thanks!:yesway:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Ha! The last time I received my order from Comptac my fiance was home and I pulled out the new straps for my Infidel a set of C-clips for my Mtac and the Smarties fell out onto the table. She picked them up and said "Why did a holster company send you candy?" I said I have no idea but its freaking awesome!.....

What nerve! Obviously you are due a roll of smarties. Time to place another Comp-tac order!

(No, I don't work for them.)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I recently sent in my CompTac paddle for replacement under warranty and seriously considered sending a roll of smarties just to mess with them.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Let me guess: It cracked along the bend between paddle and body? That issue is what has kept me from buying one, because with my luck it would break in a public place one year and a day after purchase.

Too bad they discontinued most sizes of their original belt holster. I presume that it's to drive sales to that International holster, but they're just not equivalent.

If I ever have to send them something I'll enclose a roll of Sweet Tarts. That ought to give them pause.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    It is my understanding that this is basically the usual wait time. I have a Crossbreed and the wait is well worth it. If you don't want to wait take a look at crossbreedseconds.com. I purchased one of my Crossbreed from crossbreed seconds and had it in my hands in 10 days. I honestly don't know why its a second and it saved me 50%.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The crossbreeds are amazing holsters! I used crossbreedseconds.com to get mine for half the price and it was carrying my m&p9c within a week of mailing my money. I would recommend this route to anyone!

Top Bottom