• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I ordered a Crossbreed holster last week. Looks like it's going to be a couple months before I get it. Is that pretty much normal to have to wait that long? Not complaining, just got so used to everything getting to me in 2 or 3 days from Midway, High Noon, and other places, it just kinda surprised me.:dunno:

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    They seem to be extremely busy. On the forums I frequent people who order them are waiting 10 - 11 wks for delivery. That's why I decided to try a Foxx Holsters hybrid. Basically the same as a Crossbreed. Glad I did because its half the price and had it at my door in four days. It's a great quality holster IMHO.

jajwrigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Crossbreed makes a good holster and they stay busy! I have had several "show up early" compared to their estimated wait time, so maybe this will happen to you as well. I will continue to order their holsters.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I was just getting ready to order a super tuck, but was a little disappointed with the wait time. Thanks for the heads up on the Foxx hybrid, Noboater, I just ordered one as well. After comparing the two, the differences look to be very minimal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've got a Crossbreed Holster and like it. I've heard good things about Old Faithful holsters as well and if you get the kit and assemble it yourself, it'll save you quite a bit of money. I was thinking if I get another IWB, I might give them a try.

Old Faithful Holsters | The Best Store for Kydex Gun Holsters Kits & More.

You might PM AMHenry. I think he might sell IWB holsters too and he's an INGO member.

ETA:

Another excellent write-up by Esrice.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...review-henry-holsters-hybrid-iwb-holster.html

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've got a Crossbreed Holster and like it. I've heard good things about Old Faithful holsters as well and if you get the kit and assemble it yourself, it'll save you quite a bit of money. I was thinking if I get another IWB, I might give them a try.

Old Faithful Holsters | The Best Store for Kydex Gun Holsters Kits & More.

You might PM AMHenry. I think he might sell IWB holsters too and he's an INGO member.

ETA:

Another excellent write-up by Esrice.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...review-henry-holsters-hybrid-iwb-holster.html

Thanks for the response all. I will check out Foxx, and GFGT, let us know what you think of the Old Faithful kit. I've been on their sight a few times, and almost bought their holster. Just wasn't sure if it was what I was looking for.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have both a Foxx and an Aliengear. I bought the Aliengear for my G19 and have found it to be a good holster for the money. I ordered a Foxx for my P220 and while it is nice it isn't as heavy duty as the Alien. I sliced my hand today and finally decided that it was the clip on the Foxx that caused it. I don't think this would happen with the Alien holster because the clips are quite a bit thicker. Just my two cents they are both good holsters but I think I will be returning the Foxx and ordering another Alien for the Sig.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a Comptac Mtac and I am very happy with it.

It is very similar to the Crossbreed and you could probably get it by the end of the week or beginning of next week if you order tonight. It also has the added benefit of being able to switch out holster bodies so you essentially have one holster for every gun you wish to carry. I have a body for my P-01 and one for my Compact 1911. Very well made holsters for the money IMHO.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    From the Crossbreed site:

We are currently working on and shipping orders placed on July 8th.

We anticipate getting though orders placed on July 15th by the end of the week.

We are confident that once you receive your order and work with us in the future you will find we are a great
    company to work with for years to come that offers more than a quality product but unmatched customer service.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I am going to throw my hat in with the Old Faithful crowd. I have ordered both the IWB holster and mag carrier for my brother and he loves them both. They make a great product and it makes birthdays/Christmas much cheaper for a high quality product.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. that was my only complaint. at least they updated the website. I ordered mine and per the website expected a 6-8 week wait. Mine was 12. :n00b:

While its good, Im not sure its 12 weeks good. :(

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    From the Crossbreed site:

We are currently working on and shipping orders placed on July 8th.

We anticipate getting though orders placed on July 15th by the end of the week.

We are confident that once you receive your order and work with us in the future you will find we are a great
    company to work with for years to come that offers more than a quality product but unmatched customer service.

That's how I figured it would be a couple months.:( I checked out Alien gear and Foxx web sites. They all look alike...basically. I will have to try Alien gear...under $30. That's nice. Maybe try a little foxx. I have never tried one of the newer hybrid holsters. They say they are comfortable...seems like a lot to stick in my pants.:whistle:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have a Comptac Mtac and I am very happy with it.

It is very similar to the Crossbreed and you could probably get it by the end of the week or beginning of next week if you order tonight. It also has the added benefit of being able to switch out holster bodies so you essentially have one holster for every gun you wish to carry. I have a body for my P-01 and one for my Compact 1911. Very well made holsters for the money IMHO.
    This. Cancel the Crossbreed and order an MTAC, you'll get a better holster with a production time of 1-2 days.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    This. Cancel the Crossbreed and order an MTAC, you'll get a better holster with a production time of 1-2 days.

As an added bonus you won't be forced to advertise the manufacturer's religious beliefs.

Also, free candy!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    As an added bonus you won't be forced to advertise the manufacturer's religious beliefs.

Also, free candy!

Woot!!

smarties_mega.jpg

Top Bottom