• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    Don't apologize, just test it out and report back. :yesway: I find that nothing shows a gun's real fighting potential like a level 1 defensive pistol course. If you're just as happy with it after an 8 hour course of drawing, shooting, and malf clearing, then I'd say its g2g. :yesway:

That's exactly my plan.. I'm going to put a few hundred rounds through it before the holidays, and then hopefully (I think he reads this) my dad might do a course with me around the start of the year.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    That's exactly my plan.. I'm going to put a few hundred rounds through it before the holidays, and then hopefully (I think he reads this) my dad might do a course with me around the start of the year.

Check out the links I posted up on the previous page.

When you get the gun, take it apart and do a clean and lube. Use good grease on the rails where the slide contacts the frame.

The oil that is on it from the factory is pretty light and normally only to protect from rust. I wouldn't trust it to give adequate lubrication just taking it from the box and shooting it a bunch.

Other than that.. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. :yesway:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    OK, single stack as 12 round capacity are out, as mentioned, this can't happen with a reasonable grip length.

I suggest you try a Ruger SR9c for a slim, short barrel 9mm with, double stack mag.

Kel-Tec P11, I had one for a few years it was flawless. My wife bought it, but she could never rack the slide so we sold it.

Glock 26, Springfield XDsc are two others to look at.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Reading fails you guys? He already ordered a kel-tec.

Glad you found something you like. As with almost anything, personal comfort is more important than others opinions. My favorite gun isn't everyone's favorite gun. Go shoot it! (When you get it...)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Reading fails you guys? He already ordered a kel-tec.
    (When you get it...)

usp compact

facepalm.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    It's good you stuck to your own opinion and confidence level in purchasing your P11. Mine has always been a great shooter, though I've not gone through 20k rounds with it either. But the hundreds of rounds have not produced a problem. The KTOG forum is good info and I changed my trigger spring so it is down to about 5.5-6.0 pull. Apart from that, it's a plain Jane SD gun. I still have it, but went with a Nano just because it was a tad thinner and easier to carry.

At the price point, if I had twenty thousand rounds through a P11 and there might be a concern about metal fatigue, etc. I'd just go out and buy another one.

Top Bottom