• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I live not far from where this happened. Some silly stuff goes on around here these days.

You must live close to me.
    I live up near Broad Ripple, my brother lives around the corner from you, just off of 30th & Mildred.

Sometimes you just have to do the right thing even though no well-deserved thanks or praise comes out of it. Nicely done! :yesway:

I agree, it's nice to see people doing what's right even if it puts themselves into a dangerous situation. I know she was shaken from it, I kinda meant that part a little bit tongue in check. I try to add a little bit of humor in my recounts and stories.

I would like to +1 the Policeman from Marion College again. When I think back on it, he was not only very professional with us, he also helped calm the other guys down and used it as a point to share info on domestic violence.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Good job. As far as thanks, the memories you will have of this and other times you helped people will be the most cherished items you will have when you get my age (73). In my mind that is more than any "thanks" you could receive. Several times in my life I have encountered people in need and I can't think of any I did not try to assist. The memories of these occasions bring me far more joy than the assistance the people received! I have not been an angel in my life, but have always felt it was a necessity to help others ~ if I hadn't, and refused to stop or assist, I probably wouldn't have slept well for many nights. You will be well repaid, thinking about this over the years.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You did a good thing Crbn79. Things could have ended badly for the young lady if you hadn't stepped in to help. The sad news is that she will more than likely be in the same situation again. If it was Domestic they tend to go back again and again regardless of how they are treated. If she was working then she will consider it just part of the job.

Once again Kudos to you and the others that stopped to help.
    Rep coming your way.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Good job. As far as thanks, the memories you will have of this and other times you helped people will be the most cherished items you will have when you get my age (73). In my mind that is more than any "thanks" you could receive. Several times in my life I have encountered people in need and I can't think of any I did not try to assist. The memories of these occasions bring me far more joy than the assistance the people received! I have not been an angel in my life, but have always felt it was a necessity to help others ~ if I hadn't, and refused to stop or assist, I probably wouldn't have slept well for many nights. You will be well repaid, thinking about this over the years.

Very excellent point! This is something I have tried to ingrain in my kids. I could break out Bible verses like James 4:17, or use quotes from Churchill, but at the end of the day it's about doing what you know is right just because it's the right thing to do. Sure it would be nice to be reward for my good works and deeds, but as you wrote, there's been a deposit made for a rainy day.

With all the mistakes and stupid I have done in my life, I am happy to be a guy that friends know they can call for help at any time, and who consider a good man and a role model. I have a close childhood friend who has a 13 y/o son, she is a single mom doing the best she can with the choices she has made. A couple of years ago she came and asked me to help mentor her son and teach him to be "a good man" like me. Talk about a warm and fuzzy feeling!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    man, kudos to you, and I hope all are ok. I'm glad that people here (midwest in general) NOTICE what's around them and will help if possible

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As to getting a thank you......That is not all that common anymore. Some folks will thanks you. Others just expect.

I take care of a group of rental property's along the 38th st. Corridor. Section 8 and other programs for the most part. Folks are pleased to see me when the A/C is down. I get it fixed and I always get a "Thank You Jesus" instead of thank you sir.
    I made the mistake of responding once that Jesus did not fix her furnace. That was a terrible mistake.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You did the right thing. This would have ended badly if you hadn't intervened or if you had drawn on him. You'll receive thanks from your conscience and from INGO!

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    As to getting a thank you......That is not all that common anymore. Some folks will thanks you. Others just expect.

I take care of a group of rental property's along the 38th st. Corridor. Section 8 and other programs for the most part. Folks are pleased to see me when the A/C is down. I get it fixed and I always get a "Thank You Jesus" instead of thank you sir.
    I made the mistake of responding once that Jesus did not fix her furnace. That was a terrible mistake.

BAH! I hate Section 8... I had a 5ft nothing 70lb woman threaten to kick my butt because her neighbor's a/c kept her house cooler. First I told the lady I didn't have all day for her to attempt to kick my butt, then I reminded her that she didn't pay me a wooden nickle to be there. With that said, there were plenty of ppl who would offer to fix you a meal or pay you extra cash for your trouble. The bad just outweighed the good, and waiting for the owner to get paid by the State before I got paid just didn't work out any longer.

You did the right thing. This would have ended badly if you hadn't intervened or if you had drawn on him. You'll receive thanks from your conscience and from INGO!

Thanks, I don't know what would have happened if we didn't stop. I'd imagine the least would be she gets beat up and raped, worst would have been the guy tosses them both off the overpass.

Top Bottom