• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Have they ever heard of using co2 to clear this type of weapon?

Might not have...I haven't! But I'm just a copper and don't have a lot exposure to blackpowder firearms. I would think they could tell that there was a ball in in it, and maybe the only way to get it out is to fire it (?)

What do you do? Blow out the powder and then remove the ball somehow?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Actually, the guy who was injured is a retired homicide detective and former SWAT guy who, as a crime scene technician, still carries a badge and qualifies 4 times a year. He and I have shot on the range together, and he is a good shot and good person. In fact, he carries a Kimber as his duty gun, and gets quite good scores. The pistol in question was a old cap and ball that blew apart when he fired it in the bullet trap. The gun came to them loaded and he was discharging it to make it safe. the action blew apart and that's what injured him.

Prayers for a speedy recovery M.....
    Interesting.

The guy they showed being wheeled out on a gurney, sitting upright, looked to be about 25-30 years old with blond-ish hair. This was on Channel 15 news out of Ft Wayne.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Have they ever heard of using co2 to clear this type of weapon?

I'd forgotton about that. Good suggestion. They also could have decapped, wetted the powder, pulled the cylinder (if a revolver), and just manually pulled the balls with a screw. Pretty simple procedure.

Top Bottom