• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I go to Goodwills all the time and love it, Not like this guy !

Makes me feel a little creepy

Screw co policy's protect yourselk

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I happen to look back and he was repositioning or touching himself. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn’t think much of it. He kept making small talk with me. I still had my back to him. A couple more times I look back and his hands are again in impolite places and he was staring at me so I made sure to bend down instead of over. The final time it definitely appeared he was having way too much fun looking at me.

Maybe he was conceal-carrying Mexican style???

I second Jetgirl's comment: what sort of culture permits the said creepy act? Is this person of foreign origin? Most non-American cultures are more conservative than we are in their attitude towards sexual or sensual behavior in public places.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My question is, Why didn't you just take your cellphone, and dial 911, and say loud enough for him to hear YOU, I am in Goodwill, and I am being followed by some creepy guy, who keeps looking at me, and following me through the store, and if I feel threatened, I will use justifiable force to protect myself .....:twocents: JMHO .....:draw:

Because it could have been cultural and not necessarily sexual. I am trying to remain politically correct and not offend anyone. I am white, the guy wasn't. He's not the first I have seen grab his junk while talking. He just seemed excessive with it.

I am too nice and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. To me it was disturbing, to another girl it may have been a compliment. I don't want to be that girl that screams perv. Just in case I am wrong. Had he actually got in my personal space or tried to touch me my reaction would have been different.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Because it could have been cultural and not necessarily sexual. I am trying to remain politically correct and not offend anyone. I am white, the guy wasn't. He's not the first I have seen grab his junk while talking. He just seemed excessive with it.

I am too nice and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. To me it was disturbing, to another girl it may have been a compliment. I don't want to be that girl that screams perv. Just in case I am wrong. Had he actually got in my personal space or tried to touch me my reaction would have been different.

You know what? It all comes down to upbringing. If my folks saw me standing around grabbing my junk while talking to a lady, I'd get the snot slapped out of me. It's not cool and it's not proper.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Maybe he was conceal-carrying Mexican style???

I second Jetgirl's comment: what sort of culture permits the said creepy act? Is this person of foreign origin? Most non-American cultures are more conservative than we are in their attitude towards sexual or sensual behavior in public places.

No the person wasn't foreign. In the mid 80's when I first moved to town it was a common gesture to touch themselves when they talked to girls with this group of young men. I've been living under a rock for the past 20 years so I don't know if it is still considered socially acceptable with this population. I know in the business world it isn't common. I have no clue about the general population though.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    This is why I've decided to start carrying one of those "cheap" stun guns you can buy @ gun shows for $20-$30. ALL the time...even around the house and the yard.

Yep...I'll still strap up when I go to town, but the the missus has been ridden me about out OP SEC around the house. And you know what...she's right. We gotta be better prepared. :dunno:

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    This is why I've decided to start carrying one of those "cheap" stun guns you can buy @ gun shows for $20-$30. ALL the time...even around the house and the yard.

Yep...I'll still strap up when I go to town, but the the missus has been ridden me about out OP SEC around the house. And you know what...she's right. We gotta be better prepared. :dunno:

I got a Ruger LCP to toss in my pocket when I don't feel like carrying a full size gun around for yard work and quick runs to the store and what not. I carry it in a desantis nemesis pocket holster and it dissapears into my pocket. And even though some people scoff at the .380, but I have no doubt that it is more than capable of ruining a badguys day in a hurry.

Last edited:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    No the person wasn't foreign. In the mid 80's when I first moved to town it was a common gesture to touch themselves when they talked to girls with this group of young men. I've been living under a rock for the past 20 years so I don't know if it is still considered socially acceptable with this population. I know in the business world it isn't common. I have no clue about the general population though.

Do WHAT? Heck no it's not acceptable, I've been around since the 50's and it's never been acceptable. It's disturbing.

Concerning not carrying everywhere. Can you predict when you will have a car accident. Can you predict when you may need a fire extinguisher or your homeowners insurance. Can you predict when/if you will trip, fall and break a wrist.
    Didn't think so. You don't need to go to a scary place to have something bad happen to you.

Always carry where legal. Practice and train often.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    The fact is that almost most car accidents people get in are with in 5 miles of their house in the USA. While there are many variables that go into why this is a known fact. Such grocery shopping school etc.. so a person ia going to travel within that scope. No sense in driving to a kroger 15 miles away if there is 4 of them closer right?

Well the reason is people tend to get more confident with surroundings they are used to. I see some people on the roads speed up as they approach their exit.. i have witnesses numerous friends partake in such phenomenon.

Motorcycle accidents usually involve experienced riders.. they get over confident in their skills and negate the unknown variables... the other motorists.

Long analogy short. It is more likely that something bad is going to happen close to home. You know the roads you know the stores and you may even see the same familiar faces. People in general get comfortable.. (this is also how criminals in hiding get caught). But, yoy might be putting your trust in all the wrong places. Where you feel safest is usually a false sense of security.

When you are out of your element (normal surroundings) your senses are heighted to an extent and your brain is processing away all this new data.. thus you may spot something that doesnt seem right faster than where your comfortable.. or you are just on high alert.

Think of it as traveling out of state looking for your exit etc.. you are paying more attention to the unknown because you have not been there.

So, please please i beg everyone. Not to become comfortable with your regular grind. You are more vonrable.

While knowing your stomping grounds definitely gives you an advantage over someone who may not know them.. when the flight mode kicks in rather than stay and fight. You know your exits where not to go to get trapped in etc..

I catch alot of flack from friends and family.. why always a gun dont you feel safe at x y and z.. i tell them sure i honestly would feel safer somewhere i have never been. I dont think its a bad area here. But, even though its not.. that is a false sense of security.. as bad things happen everywhere... and where you would least expect it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In the mid 80's when I first moved to town it was a common gesture to touch themselves when they talked to girls with this group of young men.

Was it Michael Jackson?

7910752_michaeljackson-8.jpg

Top Bottom