• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've had my card refused plenty of places due to suspected fraud/identity theft. It's entirely possible that they have firearms sales/vendors on their 'high risk' list for fraud so it's possible they would initially block it until you contacted them to have them drop the block.

If you were concerned, I'd contact the bank and ask.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've had my card refused plenty of places due to suspected fraud/identity theft. It's entirely possible that they have firearms sales/vendors on their 'high risk' list for fraud so it's possible they would initially block it until you contacted them to have them drop the block.

Risk of fraud? How is that? Purchasing a firearm involves producing positive ID and a criminal background check. I also don't believe I've even been in a gun shop where they didn't have surveillance camera. If I were a credit card thief the LAST place I'd want to be is somewhere that takes ID, checks my background, and photographs me.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Risk of fraud? How is that?
    You have heard of identity theft, no? A skilled fraudster can easily have a drivers license in your name with their picture.

That said, I'm not a bank and I don't write their rules. I've been turned down buying food at a restaurant after buying gas as they felt the gas purchase was 'suspicious' even though it was just down the street from where I live and within 5 miles of where most of my charges are made.

Purchasing a firearm involves producing positive ID and a criminal background check.
    Yep, and you can't say without doubt that nobody has illegally purchased a firearm via identity theft. Is it rare? Absolutely - does it happen, I'm sure it does.

This said, my company processes tens of thousands of credit card transactions every month and you would be surprised at the level of fraud/identity theft and how little is done in each case.

I also don't believe I've even been in a gun shop where they didn't have surveillance camera. If I were a credit card thief the LAST place I'd want to be is somewhere that takes ID, checks my background, and photographs me.
    Sure, and Wal-Marts have cameras all over the place - that doesn't stop identity thieves from buying themselves $600 in groceries.

It happens more than you know.

Top Bottom