• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How did the burglar(s) actually enter the place? When I was there, I saw a lot of bars . . . maybe there was a window or door without bars?

Stealing one high value item does sound like someone had a little knowledge of the situation prior to the break-in.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Sucks to hear about this :( Good luck to the owners at getting back their property.

Does anyone know specifically the gun that was stolen?

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I once worked at a gun shop that was robbed, the Feds came in and did an investigation. Ended up being an inside job and the guy went to jail. Locky for me it happened about a month before I started working there. Hope they catch the Bast*rds

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    That's too bad, hope everything works out. I try to go in there every couple weeks, but usually don't buy anything. I was excited when it opened, but am NOT excited about $20 AR mags and $30 pMags. Ammo is stupid high, too. Don't they realize that if they're stuff was reasonably priced, I would freaking be their biggest customer? Making 1 or 2 bucks off a $15 product is better than making $0 off of a $30 one, especially when a lot of $15 products would be moving.

I also haven't baught anything from them, prices are through the roof! I went in to buy some .40 the other day. Was looking at the 180gr Fed. FMJ, you know the one's you can get at wal-mart for around $15-16. They had theirs prices at $29.95 for a box of 50.:n00b: I would gladly spend a few dollars more at a local shop, but not double.

I also went by today around 1130 and saw they were open. I didn't stop in, but all looked normal. I didn't see anything in the paper online about it either. :dunno:

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ditto that this was a BURGLARY, not a ROBBERY (big difference). I hope that they catch the BG's, and that the shop owner has all of their bases covered.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    North Montgomery High School, class of '75. Ever hear of the Cox Addition out west of town close to Mt. Zion Elementry School? That is where I lived. I wish I still lived in Crawfordsville.:yesway:

Dude, you graduated from NMHS the same year my brother graduated from CHS. You probably know each other.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    North Montgomery High School, class of '75. Ever hear of the Cox Addition out west of town close to Mt. Zion Elementry School? That is where I lived. I wish I still lived in Crawfordsville.:yesway:

Roger, Dodger...

South, '96 here. I think you were at North much later than any of my family would've been. They're all late 60's and early 70's. If you know any Crumms or Shirfeys... That's them.

Not familiar with the Cox addition, though I know where it is. My mom married a guy w/ that last name, but I'm certain the addition wasn't named for his immediate fambly. :D

Always nice to come across a fellow MoCo native here on INGO. :yesway:

-J-

medic528

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Little late gettingin on this. Only 1 gun was taken, it was a custom bolt action 50bmg. The shop owner happens to be my fire chief. They broke out a window and some how fished out thru the bars on the window, after breaking the power meter and cutting the phone lines.
    He asks that anyone with info contact the Crawfordsville police. By the way the rifle had a very distinct gray wood grain stock.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Little late gettingin on this. Only 1 gun was taken, it was a custom bolt action 50bmg. The shop owner happens to be my fire chief. They broke out a window and some how fished out thru the bars on the window, after breaking the power meter and cutting the phone lines.
    He asks that anyone with info contact the Crawfordsville police. By the way the rifle had a very distinct gray wood grain stock.

That's going to be tough to sell without getting caught. It's going to be tough to use without getting caught.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Its probably some idiot who thinks he is going to sell it to a drug cartel for thousands of dollars after seeing all of the news reports.

Top Bottom